Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

58 In The Bag

Have an interesting or epic climbing story? Post it here.

Postby doumall » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:38 am

The 56 checked apply to the 3000' rule, which I have not completed based on my observance of the rule on N. Eolus or El Diente.

I look at 3000' as a singular attempt on a lone mountain. I do not count 6000'+ combined on a two mountain combo (like kit and challanger). If I counted that, I would have all with 3000'. I have summited both non-checked peaks on this list.

Postby TalusMonkey » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:52 am

Thanks for the clarification, doumall. I just wondered about my math...

You mean that you liked Lincoln, Democrat, Bross and Cameron enough to return there four times to get 3,000 on each one?! Egad!
"When hiking in bear country one doesn't need to be the fastest runner in the party - just not the slowest."

Postby doumall » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:16 am

Thats is the reason why I am a fan of the 3000' thing...

The decabrolon or what ever it is called is not very exciting or difficult and leaves you with the impression those peaks are not worth repeating. However, return and do Dems N Ridge (excellent class 3 route), then ski its SE face in early spring (bomber line), ski Bross and do Lincoln Ampitheater while the ice falls are still intact and you will feel differently about them. I will return to ski Lincoln if the russian couloir is a go this year.

I could repeat this on any of the combo mountains. Cameron isnt a mountain IMO, its just lincoln.

Previous