Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mt Hope

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Re: Mt Hope

Postby WhoDang » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:18 pm

wildlobo71 wrote:
WhoDang wrote:I plan on climbing Hope tomorrow. Is there any area to camp around the Sheep Gulch Trailhead? Was planning on driving out from Denver tonight.

Plenty of dispersed camping up and down 390. You should be able to get relatively close.

Awesome, thanks!

Postby matt pierce » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:34 pm

I hiked it like 2 summers ago from Sheep's Gulch - this used to be the Colorado Trail before it was re-routed. Not sure - you say "orienteering is not one of my strengths" so maybe you should avoid this peak - even though it's an obvious summit - you sound like you should find something that stays on-trail...

If you do decide to go there is a cool old cabin up near treeline just off to the east side of the trail that is kinda cool to check out...

Postby Mindy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:23 am

Anyone been up there recently? 390 conditions and/or trail conditions update would be appreciated.

Cheers :-D

Postby denvermikey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 am

^^^^^^^ Um, yeah. What she said. ^^^^^^^^
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - Unknown

Previous