Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

If I had the time and money... dude's got it good

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Re: If I had the time and money... dude's got it good

Postby sevenvii » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:55 am

Nice video. Will be very interesting to see the lines they choose on some of the class 5 stuff in the San Juans.

Postby Somewhat of a Prick » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 am

sevenvii wrote:Nice video. Will be very interesting to see the lines they choose on some of the class 5 stuff in the San Juans.

Is he going to drop in off the top of the Spire? :wft:

Postby TomPierce » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:44 am

Pretty cool to see this, and also to look over his completed list. He's made a lot of progress towards completion, impressive.
-Tom

Postby Jim Davies » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:40 am

Somewhat of a Prick wrote:Is he going to drop in off the top of the Spire? :wft:

Nope, not ranked. You can see their list here. Jagged and Dallas are probably the biggest challenges; I assume they'll be rappelling off the summits of those two.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby rking007 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:18 am

Did anyone see Warren Miller's Flow State last year? There is an entire section with him and a few others heli-skiing in the San Juans. Wonder if he'll count anything from that on his list or if is going to climb and then ski.
- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Postby rking007 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:03 pm

Here's a few screen grabs from Flow State. Anyone recognize any of these San Juan peaks?

- Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.

Postby sevenvii » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Jim Davies wrote:
Somewhat of a Prick wrote:Is he going to drop in off the top of the Spire? :wft:

Nope, not ranked. You can see their list here. Jagged and Dallas are probably the biggest challenges; I assume they'll be rappelling off the summits of those two.

Yep, I was referring to Jagged, Dallas, and Teakettle. I havent done those particular peaks, but I see they did rap Teakettle.

Postby benners » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:25 pm

It would be more or less impossible to ski off the summit of Teakettle or even huck it. There'd be no way to get a run at it so you'd literally have to just hop off the top and the only terrain feasible for a landing is more or less flat ground 35 feet below. I can't see them skiing off the summits of Jagged or Dallas either. I have a feeling at least those 3 will go down as the "Sunlights and Wetterhorns" of the Centennial ski project. Still cool to ski from below the class 5 sections though. Beats hiking down!