Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Atlantic / Pacific?

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Atlantic / Pacific?

Postby AlpineIce » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:55 am

Hey all, looking for a fun moderate snow climb this weekend. I'm thinking about Atlantic because we were chased off it in horrible whiteout winter conditions and I still need the summit. Anyone been up Atlantic lately? I'm thinking about the west ridge but if it's all melted out, I wouldn't want to spend time on a class 2 ridge without snow (the approach from the gully is a scree pile if I remember). Does the atlantis couloir look climbable? I'm really looking for a fun approach, camp at base, climb with snow so any suggestions would be great!

Re: Atlantic / Pacific?

Postby bergsteigen » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Here's a photo of the east side of Atlantic with the Atlantis Couloir, and it's approach. From Boreas Mtn on Sat
Attachments
atlantic-east.jpg
East side of Atlantic
atlantic-east.jpg (136.95 KiB) Viewed 216 times
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Re: Atlantic / Pacific?

Postby AlpineIce » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Fantastic. Thanks for the photo - it's a great view, but wow, a lot has melted, none of the exciting cornices in late winter/spring. Guess it's either RMNP couloir's or maybe Torrey's this weekend.

Thanks again Bergsteigen. Love the name btw, the group I climb with is called "Bergsteiger Korp". Auf Wiedersehen!