4th of July TH

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Steve Climber
14ers: 27  3 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (11)

Re: 4th of July TH

Post by Steve Climber »

ChrisRoberts wrote:viewtopic.php?t=39856&p=483666#p483666

...you know at some point you guys are going to have to just venture out there and see for yourselves...
Yes, I agree there comes a time where everyone probably SHOULD just get out and check for themselves, but then again...this is a conditions forum designed for people to ask if any helpful folks may have info prior to just venturing out. I don't see anything wrong with asking a question or two if you've done the research and come up empty (last update I can find for TH is 12/02/12 and have only seen conditions above TH in pics).

Also, dead link.

Cheers!
Sam
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.
Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?
ak47
14ers: 44 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ak47 »

I think there's a recent tr from a member's attempt on skywalker, something about not being jedi enough. I'm looking to climb/ ride Neva this week if anyones interested, the trail is mostly snowcovered and skinnable from near the th.
boleslav
Trip Reports (0)

Post by boleslav »

here is a link

http://14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.ph ... ki=Include" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Post by Chicago Transplant »

Up there today. Trailhead is open, road was a little rockier than I remember but it had been a while since I was up there but there were 3 Outbacks, and a Volvo XC70 up there plus pickups and a few SUVs.

Lots of snow patches on the trail, on and off from the start. Gets more consistent closer to the mine and the upper basin is pretty snowy. We went up "Quarter to Five" in the fog/rain/snow, broke up on our way down so we decided to tack on "Old Baldy" as well. Skywalker and the couloirs on Neva look pretty fat, but there is a big cornice at the top of the right side of Desdemona.

Lots of snow up there still, hopefully it will be a good spring couloir season in the IPW :-D
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day