Roach's 13er Book

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Re: Roach's 13er Book

Post by Scott P »

I picked some of these (brand new) up at a local book store, normal price. I'm keeping one as my old one is wearing out.

If anyone wants another one let me know.

With the sales tax, $21.60 and I'm guessing ~$5 to mail?

Or if anyone who wants one is climbing something with me soon, I could bring one then and wouldn't have to bother mailing.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
ameristrat
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (9)

Post by ameristrat »

I'll take one if they haven't been snatched up!!
swadmin
14ers: 58  10 
13ers: 174 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by swadmin »

I will take one too!
Scott P wrote:I picked some of these (brand new) up at a local book store, normal price. I'm keeping one as my old one is wearing out.

If anyone wants another one let me know.

With the sales tax, $21.60 and I'm guessing ~$5 to mail?

Or if anyone who wants one is climbing something with me soon, I could bring one then and wouldn't have to bother mailing.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Unfortunately, it appears that there are still 10 more people want books and I only have one left. :(

Although on the honor system, I hope those that want books are going to use them themselves and not try to sell them for a higher price. I chose not to sell at a high price so someone could have the book. Please don't sell them at a high price on Amazon or something.

As for the last book, since there are at least 10 people that want it, I'm not sure how to go about it.

First choice would be to let someone that joins me on a climb have it and I'll bring it in person. I want to do Challenger Point/Kit Carson on June 15-16, for example, for my birthday celebration (small group).

If not, should I give it to the first person that responded (perhaps unfairly I posted on Sunday evening) and didn't get one?

Choose random? First $30 (including shipping) takes (~$2 profit on my part)? Trivia contest? Charity auction?

I'm sorry to anyone who won't be able to get one. :(
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

The Judgment of Solomon, smitten by ice axe!

First one to give up his rights - proving his true passion for the peaks - gets the book.
ameristrat
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (9)

Post by ameristrat »

Scott P wrote:I'm sorry to anyone who won't be able to get one. :(
Well I'd pay $30, but don't be sorry! It was pretty nice of you to pick up the extra ones and give someone a chance of avoiding the $100 copies elsewhere!
You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again. So why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least still know. - Rene Daumal
swadmin
14ers: 58  10 
13ers: 174 8
Trip Reports (0)

Post by swadmin »

Looks like I am late again :cry: The first choice sounds fair, and if more than one show up at your birthday party, the first one reaches the summit of Kit Carson should get it :)
Scott P wrote:Unfortunately, it appears that there are still 10 more people want books and I only have one left. :(

Although on the honor system, I hope those that want books are going to use them themselves and not try to sell them for a higher price. I chose not to sell at a high price so someone could have the book. Please don't sell them at a high price on Amazon or something.

As for the last book, since there are at least 10 people that want it, I'm not sure how to go about it.

First choice would be to let someone that joins me on a climb have it and I'll bring it in person. I want to do Challenger Point/Kit Carson on June 15-16, for example, for my birthday celebration (small group).

If not, should I give it to the first person that responded (perhaps unfairly I posted on Sunday evening) and didn't get one?

Choose random? First $30 (including shipping) takes (~$2 profit on my part)? Trivia contest? Charity auction?

I'm sorry to anyone who won't be able to get one. :(
semitrueskerm
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 6
Trip Reports (4)

Post by semitrueskerm »

Count me in for June 15th climb to Kit Carson. It's on my list!

I definitely am interested in the book, but would like to join your group eitherway.