Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Hermit Pass Road

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Hermit Pass Road

Postby Marmot72 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 pm

I am eying Rito Alto or Spread Eagle; anyone have recent knowledge of conditions in that area and how far one can get up the Hermit Road? I appreciate any insight.
I have phenomenal route-finding abilities. Specifically, I have an uncanny knack for selecting the path of most resistance.

Re: Hermit Pass Road

Postby metalmountain » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:21 am

I don't have any recent reports on it, but I can all but almost guarantee that its not cleared past where it heads into the trees. There are no homes past that point that I am aware of and the road goes to complete crap. Even in the summer when its dry that road is pain in the ass...literally. It might be melted out in a few sunnier areas but I wouldn't count on getting very far. The Gibson TH is probably a better option.
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem