Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

13ers.com

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Re: 13ers.com

Postby ChrisRoberts » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:43 pm

kansas wrote:For the record, I wouldn't be caught dead in that scarf, way too mainstream.

If you were hipster, you would know thats actually a shemagh. I own one, pretty comfy actually. But its yellow and black, not some crazy hipster purple crap.
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: Ramsay, Sugarloaf and Skull

Postby Matt » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:50 pm

vonmackle wrote:I've heard the Gores are overrun by hipsters...
13erHipsters

Awesome! I laughed so hard I spilled my dinner and over-hopped IPA you've never heard of all over the place.
Sorry, Ben, that is the post of the thread.
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby djkest » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:57 pm

vonmackle wrote:I've heard the Gores are overrun by hipsters...
13erHipsters.jpg

\:D/
Nice photoshop...er... candid photograph, sir. You gents have some fashion sense.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

Postby kansas » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:03 pm

ChrisRoberts wrote:
kansas wrote:For the record, I wouldn't be caught dead in that scarf, way too mainstream.

If you were hipster, you would know thats actually a shemagh. I own one, pretty comfy actually. But its yellow and black, not some crazy hipster purple crap.

You sir, are officially more hipster than me. And I thank you for pointing that out. See that, Derek?

Oh, nice guns there, Matt.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby pw » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:09 pm

jsdratm wrote:I'm also a huge fan of doing 13ers and would like to see more routes on 13ers.com. I did Argentine Peak on saturday and saw only two other people. Just a few miles away, Bierstadt probably had 100 or more people. The 13ers get much less traffic than the 14ers, which makes the experience much more enjoyable for me.

Hey, shush. I have to correct something in this post - the thirteeners are not more enjoyable, they are boring, crowded, isolated, hard to get to, dangerous, no fun, and should be avoided at all costs.

Postby ChrisRoberts » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:13 pm

kansas wrote:
ChrisRoberts wrote:

You sir, are officially more hipster than me. And I thank you for pointing that out. See that, Derek?

What can I say? Its my alternative to a balaklava(?)
Some rise, some fall, some climb to get to terrapin
Read all about my schemes and adventuring at NoCo Chris Latest TR: Ramsay, Sugarloaf and Skull

Postby Scott P » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Vonmackle, that was one of the best post ever. :D
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Postby Derek » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:40 pm

kansas wrote:
ChrisRoberts wrote:

I do see that. But it's too late, Pabst boy. Is it hard riding a fixy all the way from KS?

Who needs 4WD...right?

Postby nkan02 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:29 pm

pw wrote:
jsdratm wrote:I'm also a huge fan of doing 13ers and would like to see more routes on 13ers.com. I did Argentine Peak on saturday and saw only two other people. Just a few miles away, Bierstadt probably had 100 or more people. The 13ers get much less traffic than the 14ers, which makes the experience much more enjoyable for me.

Hey, shush. I have to correct something in this post - the thirteeners are not more enjoyable, they are boring, crowded, isolated, hard to get to, dangerous, no fun, and should be avoided at all costs.

In this particular case it is so true. I much rather be on the summit of Bierstadt with 50+ other people (and in fact plan to do just that in a couple of weeks) than find myself on Argentine peak one more time. You can have it, I could see why so many people would rather do Bierstadt.

Postby nkan02 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:35 pm

vonmackle wrote:I've heard the Gores are overrun by hipsters..

Sir, weren't you the one who photographed the wolverine recently?
You seem to be great at getting species in their natural habitat!
=D>

Postby kansas » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:35 am

Derek wrote:
kansas wrote:
I do see that. But it's too late, Pabst boy. Is it hard riding a fixy all the way from KS?

Who needs 4WD...right?

Well played sir, well played.

This post made me think of an episode of the Dirtbag Diaries, and while it doesn't really apply to this thread, I know quite a few of you will thoroughly enjoy it.

http://dirtbagdiaries.com/what-is-hardcore-
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby djkest » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 pm

For some reason I have a feeling we'll be seeing some "Hipster" themed trip reports in the near future.
hipster-indy.jpg
hipster-indy.jpg (79.9 KiB) Viewed 677 times
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

PreviousNext