Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Weminuche Peaks

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Re: Weminuche Peaks

Postby MtHurd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:50 pm

Let me know what the saddle to get from Vestal Basin to Trinity Lake is like. I got pretty close coming down off of East Trinity but I couldn't tell if it would be difficult to get over with a backpack. It looked like it, but it's hard to tell until you try it. I can send you a pic of Leviathan and Vallecito from Silex if you want. That may help you to see if there is a route from that side.

Re: Weminuche Peaks

Postby reshp1 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Barry Raven wrote:Let me know what the saddle to get from Vestal Basin to Trinity Lake is like. I got pretty close coming down off of East Trinity but I couldn't tell if it would be difficult to get over with a backpack. It looked like it, but it's hard to tell until you try it. I can send you a pic of Leviathan and Vallecito from Silex if you want. That may help you to see if there is a route from that side.

We won't be heading into Vestal Basin unfortunately, for the same reason that I wasn't sure how bad getting over the head of the cirque to Trinity Lake would be with a pack. We may make an attempt on East Trinity from Trinity Lake though, I'll let you know how that goes.

We're probably doing Levianthan from the other side although the north face looks like a hell of a climb.

Previous