Ice on Ice?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Ridge runner
14ers: 49  12 
13ers: 100 1
Trip Reports (12)

Re: Ice on Ice?

Post by Ridge runner »

Rich H wrote: The refrigerator looks fun but the amount of rock that must fall in there...
No worries, Rich. I cleaned it all out a couple years ago. Ask Brian. :oops:

A few more...
Kiefer and Pete (Casticone7) in the Refrigerator

Glen on North Apostle

Ice Mountain
Summit Lounger
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 376 4
Trip Reports (12)

Post by Summit Lounger »

Papillon, I'll teach you to climb this winter, if you wash my bike after a muddy cyclocross race. Maybe some refreshments to. Greg
Papillon
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 324 7
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Papillon »

Sounds good, Greg. But I've gotta warn you that my cleaning skills are quite primitive and border on the non-existent. If I crash at your house, I recommend you find me a nice corner in the garage. If not, your wife might want to lay down some newspaper. :)

Here is a shot of a KevinK sizing up the finish a few weeks ago. He's the only person I've met to date who can climb class 3/4 with a cigarette going.

The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Ahhhh... more pictures. Too many pictures, so I put them out on Facebook. There are already some really great trip reports for these peaks on this site and SummitPost, too, but maybe some of these photos will give folks a better idea of what to expect of the route.

Here are the Apostles yesterday, from Turner Peak, on Cottonwood Pass. L-R, West Apostle, Ice Mountain, and North Apostle. Huron is on the right. I never realized how distinctive these peaks are. Or that Huron looks like Quandary from this angle.
Attachments
100925 - Apostles from Turner.JPG
100925 - Apostles from Turner.JPG (288.07 KiB) Viewed 704 times