Av Conditions on Buckskin

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mdavenport2
14ers: 55  1 
13ers: 87 3
Trip Reports (0)

Av Conditions on Buckskin

Post by mdavenport2 »

Anyone climb Buckskin in the last few days? What are the av conditions? Is snow cover thin?
Greenhouseguy
14ers: 41  10 
13ers: 185 5
Trip Reports (71)

Re: Av Conditions on Buckskin

Post by Greenhouseguy »

My hiking partners and I did Buckskin/Loveland on May 9th last year. The southeast ridge seems to be an avy-free route. Here's a link to my trip report:

http://home.comcast.net/~greenhouseguy/ ... Report.htm
"May your boulder be your blessing." - Aron Ralston
killingcokes
14ers: 45  42  2 
13ers: 125 4
Trip Reports (64)

Post by killingcokes »

We were up there last weekend. The north slopes to the east summit were mostly devoid of snow. There was snow coming off the west summit on the north side but the ridge is easy from the east summit was easy and would be a safe route for sure.

http://makingturns.com/?p=862" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mdavenport2
14ers: 55  1 
13ers: 87 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mdavenport2 »

Thanks for the advice and trip reports, Greenhouse and Coke.