NE Ridge of Bancroft. I need a partner

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
adub
14ers: 3 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

NE Ridge of Bancroft. I need a partner

Post by adub »

Hey everyone,
I am planning on climbing the NE ridge of Bancroft this saturday. My usual partner is out for a while with a shoulder injury.

Roghly 8 miles round trip, one 75' rap, a short 5.2 alpine route and lots of 3rd and 4th class...Some exposed ridges aswell.
It should be pretty burly up there this saturday, lots of wind, cold, and deep snow. Just the way I like it.
Let me know if your interested.
glacierPaul
Trip Reports (0)

Re: NE Ridge of Bancroft. I need a partner

Post by glacierPaul »

Adub, we have received 4-5" of snow since yesterday, lightly snowing now. Should be fun, may take the family out snowshoeing. Have fun up there.
Carl
14ers: 58  58 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Carl »

If you want to see some recent pics check the trip reports. Enjoy the climb.
Alby426
14ers: 33 
13ers: 38 1
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Alby426 »

We are thinking about going up Bancroft. I wasn't sure if Sat. or Sun. Will know better tomorrow.
My duty, as a human, is not to take, but, to give!
D8S
14ers: 25  3  1 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by D8S »

Rotten sugar snow (the old snow from earlier this season) with light snow on top (Thursday) forming a sliding layer, covered by denser and probably brittle wind slab (Friday). Please, think avalanche, and be careful.

Merry Christmas and best wishes for a safe climb.

Dave