Summit Co. area fall hikes?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
FLJeeper
Trip Reports (0)

Summit Co. area fall hikes?

Post by FLJeeper »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here even though I use the site a good amount for planning 14er hikes. Its just about peak colors around Keystone and I was wondering where would be a good place to hike with lots of aspens. I've explored much of the Montezuma area jeep trails and hiked some 14ers around here but haven't yet found anywhere full of aspens. I was thinking maybe eglesmere lakes north of silverthorne but it may be too late for that far north. Any recommendations?
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Re: Summit Co. area fall hikes?

Post by Chicago Transplant »

The Ptarmigan Peak trail is pretty good, the beginning of the trail is a little weird because it sort of goes through the neighborhood, but once it gets up out of town it goes through some nice aspens with great across the valley view of the Gore, and great views back towards Dillon Res and the Tenmile Range. They should be in pretty good shape now, I just climbed Ptarmigan Peak on the 19th and they were getting close.
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day