A map of all of the 13ers in colorado???

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
RoadRunner
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (0)

A map of all of the 13ers in colorado???

Post by RoadRunner »

Does anyone know of any good links to a map of the 13ers here in colorado? Sometimes, I like to drive short distances to get to the 13ers and sometimes, I don't mind driving and camping at the far away 13ers.

Frank
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Re: A map of all of the 13ers in colorado???

Post by Jim Davies »

Check out this site: http://listsofjohn.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a treasure-trove of information on Colorado peaks (and other states) with map links for all of them.
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
Layne Bracy
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 179 9
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Layne Bracy »

One feature(of many) available on listsofjohn.com will list your unclimbed 13ers by distance to your home.

You'll need to enter the 13ers you've climbed and your home coordinates. Then, when you hit "view unclimbed 13ers" it will show you the closest ones you have remaining.

John is very involved, so if you have any questions, post them on his forum and he'll usually respond within a day or two.
Papillon
14ers: 58  31 
13ers: 324 7
Trip Reports (18)

Post by Papillon »

Anyone unfamiliar with his site should check it out. To be honest, I'd be lost without it.
Layne Bracy wrote:One feature(of many) available on listsofjohn.com...
Sorry for the hijack but what happened to the beer list on that site? It used to be on the front page but vanished about a year ago. I know the URL but if you don't know it, there is no way to get to the list.
The look in his eyes when it hit - Kid, it was tasty... - William Seward Burroughs
Chris P.
14ers: 55 
13ers: 37
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Chris P. »

I was wondering the same thing. I think John finally decided that lists of strong beer didn't quite fit with the rest of the site.
ColoradoEd
14ers: 55 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ColoradoEd »

Wow, what a great resource.
RoadRunner
14ers: 57 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by RoadRunner »

Wow!!! List of John rules!!!! Thanks guys. That is what I needed.

Frank
Layne Bracy
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 179 9
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Layne Bracy »

John just added this feature: a google-map showing your 13ers completed/not completed!

http://www.listsofjohn.com/Colorado/CO1 ... p13ers.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MountainMan88
14ers: 40 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MountainMan88 »

^I love listsofjohn.com! That 13ers map is amazing, I mean just look at all those 13ers we have!
CO Native
14ers: 58  2  15 
13ers: 29
Trip Reports (50)

Post by CO Native »

Here is a .gpx file of all the 13ers.

http://www.friesema.net/junk/13ers.gpx

Right click and select "save target as" then save the file to your computer. Make sure it keeps a gpx extension as it might try to save as xml. Then I recommend opening it with Google Earth.
Remember what your knees are for.
http://www.hikingintherockies.com