Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Mt. Sniktau

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Mt. Sniktau

Postby jamespeak » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:46 pm

I was wondering if anyone has been up Sniktau recently? I haven't been up it before; is there any avy danger on the standard route from Loveland Pass? Is there any need for snowshoes? I was thinking of heading up there tomorrow and was trying to get an idea of what to expect. Thanks!!

Re: Mt. Sniktau

Postby MtHurd » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:53 pm

The peak is very easy from Loveland Pass. No snowshoes needed, but you will probably posthole a time or two but no big deal. Be prepared for possible cold windy conditions as it is pretty exposed. Here is a pic. Sniktau is on the far left. You can see climbers and one skier in the photo when it's full size.

Sniktau

Postby jamespeak » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:31 pm

Thanks for the info! I was up there today and the weather was perfect. No wind, although it did get a little breezy at the top. The ridge up was completely windblown and the snow along the ridge to Sniktau was solid. The views of Torreys were amazing! Awesome day!!

Postby MtHurd » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:25 pm

jamespeak wrote:Thanks for the info! I was up there today and the weather was perfect. No wind, although it did get a little breezy at the top. The ridge up was completely windblown and the snow along the ridge to Sniktau was solid. The views of Torreys were amazing! Awesome day!!

Awesome!