Trinchera & other nearby peaks

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
ColoradJoe
Trip Reports (0)

Trinchera & other nearby peaks

Post by ColoradJoe »

How difficult would a combination of Napoleon Peak, Teddy's Peak, Trinchera Peak, and Cuatro Peak be?
krazykat
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Trinchera & other nearby peaks

Post by krazykat »

The combo of Trinchera and Cuatro or Trinchera and Teddy's wouldn't be too difficult in my opinion. This is coming from a flatlander from KS though. I was able to do Trinchera this past July in 2 hours 45 minutes with quite a few breaks. I am planning on doing Trinchera and Teddy's combo this June. Napoleon seems a little out of the way if your planning on getting all 4. Are you planning on going up and down via the Trinchera trail???

Any info on any peaks in this area would be appreciated by me also. Stay safe.
ColoradJoe
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ColoradJoe »

I am not necessarily planning on the Trinchera trail. I was gonna see if there was another option anyone knew about. Maybe I will look into beginning up Cuatro and hiking north from there if possible. I have to say I was surprised to get a reply from someone from Olathe (the town I was born in).
krazykat
Trip Reports (0)

Post by krazykat »

I don't know of any trail that goes directly to Cuatro. There are quite a few trails around the Spring Creek area but I have no idea how high they may go on either Napolean or Teddy's.

My family has been going out to Cuchara for over 25 years.