Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Trinchera & other nearby peaks

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Trinchera & other nearby peaks

Postby ColoradJoe » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:59 pm

How difficult would a combination of Napoleon Peak, Teddy's Peak, Trinchera Peak, and Cuatro Peak be?

Re: Trinchera & other nearby peaks

Postby krazykat » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:16 am

The combo of Trinchera and Cuatro or Trinchera and Teddy's wouldn't be too difficult in my opinion. This is coming from a flatlander from KS though. I was able to do Trinchera this past July in 2 hours 45 minutes with quite a few breaks. I am planning on doing Trinchera and Teddy's combo this June. Napoleon seems a little out of the way if your planning on getting all 4. Are you planning on going up and down via the Trinchera trail???

Any info on any peaks in this area would be appreciated by me also. Stay safe.

Postby ColoradJoe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:50 pm

I am not necessarily planning on the Trinchera trail. I was gonna see if there was another option anyone knew about. Maybe I will look into beginning up Cuatro and hiking north from there if possible. I have to say I was surprised to get a reply from someone from Olathe (the town I was born in).

Postby krazykat » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:07 pm

I don't know of any trail that goes directly to Cuatro. There are quite a few trails around the Spring Creek area but I have no idea how high they may go on either Napolean or Teddy's.

My family has been going out to Cuchara for over 25 years.