Sgladbach completes the 13ers!!!

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Re: Sgladbach completes the 13ers!!!

Post by USAKeller »

Awesome job, Steve! Coinciding this goal with 2,000,000 feet of lifetime elevation gain is even more impressive! A huge congratulations to you! =D>
catfish hank
14ers: 55 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Post by catfish hank »

Nice work Steve!! So many trails that aren't well established like the 14ers. So many boulder fields to hop across. You've got to have bionic knees.
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
and you got the stock market beat.
And the man worth while is the man who can smile
when his shorts are tight in the seat... Smails.
Floyd
14ers: 58 
13ers: 100
Trip Reports (35)

Post by Floyd »

Congrats Steve. That is a HUGE accomplishment.
jamienellis
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 80
Trip Reports (5)

Post by jamienellis »

Thanks for the wonderful pics & TR, Steve. What a special day to share with friends and family.
Your accomplishments truly are amazing!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
gdthomas
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by gdthomas »

Terrific accomplishment, Steve! Being a high school teacher seems to have its benefits (summers off to climb?). You must teach geography and math. How else would one know where and how many 13ers there are. :lol:
kingstve4eva
Trip Reports (0)

Post by kingstve4eva »

Very nice. :D
I hope one day to complete them all, but it's truly an amazing feat. My hat's off to you. :)
May you climb many more! :D
TravelingMatt
14ers: 56 
13ers: 435
Trip Reports (2)

Post by TravelingMatt »

That is a gawdaful lot of mountains. I can't imagine dealing with all the Class 4s, Class 5s, thunderstorms, snowfields, loose rock, willows, steep slab faces, killer pointy scree, rutty 4wd roads, No Trespassing signs, access fees, missing summit registers, goats, marmots, Texans, Denverite weekend warriors, locked toilets and all the other tribulations we worry about on this board.

I'm impressed. Well done.
Last edited by TravelingMatt on Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You never know what is enough until you know what is more than enough. -- William Blake
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Quite an accomplishment for such a young man! Now what are you going to do with the other half of your life?

Nice job Steve - you are well on your way to joining the ranks: the legends of Colorado Mountaineering! And on top of all that, you're a damned nice guy too. Congrats on all fronts.
amadablam
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by amadablam »

Absolutely awesome accomplishment. The accomplishment, along with your willingness to share your knowledge and experience with others, makes you a rare bird. You're an inspiration to all us newbies!
Steve Climber
14ers: 27  3 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Steve Climber »

Congrats on finishing...when I first saw the list, it seemed like it would be impossible, but you are among the select few that has proven it can be done...
I can only hope that my knees hold out long enough to someday join that group.

p.s. Now all thats missing is some pictures of you guys hitting golf balls off the final peak :roll:
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.
Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Post by Kiefer »

Image CONGRATULATIONS, STEVE!!! Image

That's an accomplishment that doesn't have much comparison in Colorado. Incredible and amazing, Steve! If that isn't determination, I don't know what is.
shanahan96
14ers: 57  44 
13ers: 237 52
Trip Reports (16)

Post by shanahan96 »

there's roughly 7-10 of them. lizard head, dallas, teakettle, jagged, fifteen, coxcomb, and 13,121(maybe just tricky?) come to mind right away. saint sophia ridge is a dirty mofo(5.7), but it's unranked....and becoming a popular testpiece among 13er climbers.

look up fifth-class colorado summits on summitpost for a list(incomplete/complete?). viewing that list, it seems there's almost as unranked 5th class thirteeners as there is ranked ones.
http://www.summitpost.org/list/171592/5 ... Peaks.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FYI, south lookout isn't fifth-class, just scary as all get-out.

jamie