Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Elbert to Bull Hill to Casco Peak

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports
pingen

Elbert to Bull Hill to Casco Peak

Postby pingen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:03 pm

Just thinking about a possible shuttle hike this weekend. I will be hiking up Elbert on the South Elbert Trail this Saturday and am considering the possiblility to leave my car at the trailhead for Casco. Does anyone have any beta on the Bull Hill - Casco Peak ridge?

Thanks, Georg
Last edited by pingen on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Bill Hill to Casco Peak

Postby Jim Davies » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:07 pm

Do you mean the Casco TH at the first switchback on Independence Pass? I hiked up to the Casco-Frasco saddle there once, and Roach's name ("Fiascol") was appropriate. It's pretty loose. However, you'll probably get down it OK. The summit of Casco is fun - big knobby solid granite-ish boulders.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of white blood cells.

pingen

Re: Elbert to Bull Hill to Casco Peak

Postby pingen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Jim. I updated the subject slightly to better show what I was thinking. Might be best to elbert from the North Elbert trailhead and then hike Casco, Frasco, French and down to the Halfmoon Creek Trailhead

Re: Elbert to Bull Hill to Casco Peak

Postby Layne Bracy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Georg,

Furthermore and I hiked from French Mtn over to Bull Hill this past June. The portion from Casco to Bull Hill has some ups and downs but doesn't require anything more than class 2. I think your idea to go from Elbert to French is very doable.

Layne