Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Name these mountains

Colorado 13er questions, conditions, and other info should be posted here. Also includes topics related to 13ers.com. 13er Trip Reports

Name these mountains

Postby ikkythump » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:19 pm

Im pretty familiar with most of the sangre's, but was pretty upset with myself when my dad asked me to name all the mountains from his property in glen vista (near westcliffe).

if you go to http://www.glenvista-colorado.org , you see the view from my dad's land, and i need some help naming the mountains (13ers too) .

Does anyone have a good view of the sangre's from the northwest that they can post ?

much appreciated.
Amos 4:13

Re: Name these mountains

Postby Sean Sullivan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:50 am

If you can tell us where your dad's land is located exactly (or if its really huge, where on the land the photo was taken from), then I could probably name the peaks. Lat/lon would be easiest. There's a lot of ways to find the lat/lon for a place, here's one easy way:

http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html

Postby Kane » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:53 pm

ikkythump,

That's a portion of the northern section of the Sangres. A good starting point would be directly under the "T" of "Property" is Gibbs Peak. Next is De Anza, Point 12993 (looks like a ridge), Electric Peak is the higher one under the "O".

Kane

Postby ikkythump » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:24 am

Thanks for the info thus far.

I'll take a hi-res pano from the property tomorrow and post it

Postby Kane » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Ikky,

Do you mean from the northeast? Westcliffe is on the east side of the range.

Postby 14er_Crazy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:48 pm

If I had GPS coordinates of your father's property, I could get all of the names. I have GPS coordinates for thousands of CO mountains.
Nausea at altitude, bad knees coming down, high winds, snow, gropple, the occasional thunderstorm and lightning... MAN, I love 14ers!

Postby 14er_Crazy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Or, if you could PM me his address, I could convert that to GPS coordinates and work from there.
Nausea at altitude, bad knees coming down, high winds, snow, gropple, the occasional thunderstorm and lightning... MAN, I love 14ers!