Forum
Your purchase of a synthetic or cotton shirt helps support 14ers.com. Thank you!

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (Nov. 7)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (Nov. 7)

Postby Derby Ale » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:38 am

I'm down for meeting some new people and enjoying some suds. On my calendar!

Postby Steve Climber » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Dex wrote:
speth wrote:Image

Never Going To Give You Up. Funny

Thanks

That moment when you turn to the back of the in-flight magazine and someone already did the crossword.
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby lajohn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:10 pm

I'm in, sounds fun! Our Mutual Friend is a great brewery as well!

Postby speth » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:46 pm

aboynamedmargrette wrote:
Dex wrote:
speth wrote:Image

Never Going To Give You Up. Funny

Thanks

That moment when you turn to the back of the in-flight magazine and someone already did the crossword.

Damnit, I love Sudoku!! STEWARDESS!!!! I NEED A NEW SKYMALL - NOW!!!!!!11!1!one!!!!11!
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby SilverLynx » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:54 pm

Is anyone coming from the north (Northglenn/Thornton/Westminster/Broomfield/Boulder)? I don't like to park in Denver... PM if you want to carpool.
"Mountains seem to answer an increasing imaginative need in the West. More and more people are discovering a desire for them, and a powerful solace in them. At bottom, mountains, like all wildernesses, challenge our complacent conviction - so easy to lapse into - that the world has been made for humans by humans. Most of us exist for most of the time in worlds which are humanly arranged, themed and controlled. One forgets that there are environments which do not respond to the flick of a switch or the twist of a dial, and which have their own rhythms and orders of existence. Mountains correct this amnesia. By speaking of greater forces than we can possibly invoke, and by confronting us with greater spans of time than we can possibly envisage, mountains refute our excessive trust in the man-made. They pose profound questions about our durability and the importance of our schemes. They induce, I suppose, a modesty in us."
― Robert Macfarlane

Postby colokeith » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:06 am

SilverLynx wrote:Is anyone coming from the north (Northglenn/Thornton/Westminster/Broomfield/Boulder)? I don't like to park in Denver... PM if you want to carpool.

See this forum IS full of elitists :wink:
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:13 am

SilverLynx wrote:Is anyone coming from the north (Northglenn/Thornton/Westminster/Broomfield/Boulder)? I don't like to park in Denver... PM if you want to carpool.

Our Mutual Friend is far enough away from downtown that parking is easy and free, in case anyone else was worried about this. Of course, carpooling is always encouraged. :)
Ice and Trail (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:33 am

SurfNTurf wrote:

Our Mutual Friend is far enough away from downtown that parking is easy and free, in case anyone else was worried about this. Of course, carpooling is always encouraged. :)

Good to know.
"Mountains seem to answer an increasing imaginative need in the West. More and more people are discovering a desire for them, and a powerful solace in them. At bottom, mountains, like all wildernesses, challenge our complacent conviction - so easy to lapse into - that the world has been made for humans by humans. Most of us exist for most of the time in worlds which are humanly arranged, themed and controlled. One forgets that there are environments which do not respond to the flick of a switch or the twist of a dial, and which have their own rhythms and orders of existence. Mountains correct this amnesia. By speaking of greater forces than we can possibly invoke, and by confronting us with greater spans of time than we can possibly envisage, mountains refute our excessive trust in the man-made. They pose profound questions about our durability and the importance of our schemes. They induce, I suppose, a modesty in us."
― Robert Macfarlane

Postby CorduroyCalves » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:27 am

I might swing by. Ed Viesturs is going to be at the LoDo Tattered Cover the same night in so that's my main focus. I had suggested doing the HH some place close to there (like Wynkoop Brewery) but oh well.
Life is too short to pay full retail for outdoor gear!

"God has cared for these trees, saved them from draught, disease, avalanches, and a thousand straining, leveling tempasts and floods; but he cannot save them from fools; only Uncle Sam can do that."--John Muir

Postby semitrueskerm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:41 pm

My reign as Summit Dance Off Champion is over. Enjoyed toasting the new champs on the summit of Quandary yesterday. To the Crestone Needler's and Lady McClimbsalot…CHEERS! Official award presentation in at the 14ers.com HH Thursday night in Denver. Mother (Mon)Goose will be presenting.

It's Milla' Time!

Postby globreal » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:13 am

I am planning to make this one. Looking forward to seeing many of you tomorrow evening.
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)

Postby ameristrat » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:47 am

I hope I can come but it doesn't look good.

Mi trabajo me esta matando... ](*,)

PreviousNext