Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Lincoln Falls Ice Climbing Saturday Nov. 9th

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Lincoln Falls Ice Climbing Saturday Nov. 9th

Postby I Man » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:13 pm

A few people have been asking to go ice climbing so I figured I'd set up a beginner friendly day at Lincoln Falls where there are great top rope options and a few easy leads.
All you need is boots and crampons and a desire to climb frozen water. There should be enough sets of ice tools laying around to share. Of course a harness, helmet and warm clothing are required.
Hopefully we get a nice mix of experience levels. Feel free to ask any questions you might have! Cheers.

Re: Lincoln Falls Ice Climbing Saturday Nov. 9th

Postby I Man » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Sorry Teej. No Phish hippies allowed.

Postby kushrocks » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:39 pm

I would love to try and make this.
" The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
"Danger in Alpinism is just part of the game. As soon as you eliminate the danger you have just every other sport." Febrizio Zangrilli
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
"To travel, to experience and learn, that is to live" - Sherpa Tensing Norgay (first person to Summit Mt. Everest)
"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit" - Edward Abbey
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."

Postby ahrendse » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:45 pm

I am going to try to come as well.
`You might just as well say that "I see what I eat" is the same thing as "I eat what I see"!'

Postby falcon568 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Ditto
"Of course, inside each one of us is the ambition to reach the summit, to realize that you are stronger than obstacles, that it is within your power to do something uncommon and indeed impossible for most people. But one must be prepared to face those obstacles..."-Ed Viesturs

"When I was a child, I felt there was something I had to find before I died. I imagined it as some lost, golden country, glittering on the other side of the mist across our neighbor's fields, hidden within the shadows behind our stone wall—some place beyond the fixed patterns of society, the grey chronology that led inexorably to death. In my twenties, on my first free solo, the light seemed to shatter through me, and the sky pour down the rock. Like so many climbers, immersed in that sudden, radiant awareness of now, I've had that brief and total conviction that each moment is both fleeting and eternal"-Katie Ives

Postby forbins_mtn » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm

I Man wrote:Sorry Teej. No Phish hippies allowed.

damn you! :)

Postby Steve Climber » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:57 pm

I Man wrote:Sorry Teej. No Phish hippies allowed.

Count me in then! haha
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby AndYouSeeMe » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Walking around without crutches finally but I don't think I'm ready for ice climbing yet. Bummer because it sounds awesome.

Postby I Man » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Aaron - see post directed at TJ. Gotta keep the riff raff away 8)

I'd say just come and hang out, but the approach is treacherous in itself. Bummer. You'll be back at it in no time amigo!

Postby colokeith » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:16 pm

I am very interested in this. I need to double check schedule.

I have pons / helmet / harness but will need to borrow ice tools.
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson

Postby spadflyer12 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:37 pm

I might be in. I'll be in Denver that week for work, so I think I can come up a little early and join. I've got tools, pons, and boots. I'll hopefully get more dry tooling experience before then.

Next