Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

"Old Guy' 67 looking for Old Guy partners again

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: "Old Guy' 67 looking for Old Guy partners again

Postby dcarpentgina » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:40 am

Not sure how to post an update, so I'll put it here and as an 'edit' to my origianl posting.

Update: I 'dinged' my knee in a 1/2 marathon trail run 2 weeks ago and it's still a problem. But, if it gets better by next week I hope to do something Friday and Saturday of the next two weekends. 09/27-09/28 and 10/04-10/05. The same pairs of mountains Blanca,Ellingwood Point Uncompahger and Wetterhorn and Castle and Connundrum.

Postby Beagle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:08 am

Sorry about the knee…which could easily happen to a young guy as well, right? :)

I'd be interested in the Blanca combo or Castle combo
This is my religion. This is my church. These are my cathedrals.

"Summiting is optional. Getting down is mandatory." - Ed Viesturs

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter Thompson

Postby Flips » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm still interested in the Castle combo.

Postby Pops921 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:16 pm

I am interested in 9/27 - 9/28 time frame. Willing to do any of the combo's mentioned.

I live (mostly) in Edwards, CO. I have an an Nissan Xterra "Off Road" model which is frequently useful getting to trail heads.

Turning 58 on 9/21 which should qualify for old guys.

PM me or post details here.

Postby GeezerClimber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 am

This thread has encouraged me. In recent years, I have almost always been the oldest person on the mountain when I climb. I would like to meet/hike/climb with children my own age for a change. My usual "kid" partner (age 50) has become unreliable and out of shape. It's been a frustrating year and I only got two new ones although I may attempt Pyramid Tuesday, if the stars align.

Next year, I want to make a major charge. I have these left: Pikes, LB, Culebra, Bells, Conundrum, Pyr., Sunlight, M Wilson and El D. I'm saving Pikes or Culebra for last so that my wife can join me. I am retired, so I have flexibility and prefer weekdays but I follow the weather and if a weekend is right, I go. It doesn't seem to matter on hard ones so much anyway. We climbed Crestone P 7/4 and had it all to ourselves! I am haunted by a 65 year old man I met near K2 last year. He quit at the knife edge and said his joints just couldn't take it anymore. Said turning 60 was like "going off a cliff." He had climbed it a couple of times in the 80s. His frustration and anger (at himself) was palpable. I want to avoid this.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty tied up the next two weeks. I may be able to do something later next week but the weekend and following week are out. Perhaps the 1st weekend of Oct.

I live in Buena Vista and often climb local peaks on short notice (hate to waste nice days). Anyone contemplating one in the area should feel free to contact me for availability.

Dave

Postby tom oconnor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:06 pm

Just posted looking for a partner for Castle Conundrum for Monday Sept 23 weather permitting. All are welcome. thx

Previous