Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Any weekday climbers on the front range?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Any weekday climbers on the front range?

Postby wrxpilot » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Thanks for the response guys! Looking forward to some climbs. Through this thread I found a guy to do Longs with next week, and would like to do something the week of 9/16 if anybody is available.

Postby larkinrx2 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:32 pm

I am usually a weekday climber tho sporadically so,

my next weekday hike is set for tues 9/17 mountain TBD

hopefully this saturday on lindsey will be good, banking on september, post holiday to help me with crowds
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Postby Writesdave » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:00 pm

Great thread. I've wondered this myself, being that I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off. Had Bierstadt and Grays/Torreys damn near to myself in July. I'll see what Evans is like soon, too.

Anyway, I'm just starting out with this myself and am down for some Class 1-3 stuff. I'm in good shape from running/triathlons so perhaps I'll go for time on the easy stuff for now while picking brains for any tips possible.

My parents, upon hearing about my newfound solo hike/climb obsession: Do you know anyone else who enjoys this sort of thing?

Me: Yeah, quite a few people. None of them have Wednesday and Thursday off.

My parents: (pause) Oh, right.

Postby SHmids » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:54 am

A lot more weekday climbers than I would have thought! I was thinking of Lindsey this coming Monday or Tuesday. I'm open to anything within reasonable driving distance of Colorado Springs though and can trail head camp or make a very early morning drive. I would be interested in Torreys by Kelso; Bel / Ox, possibly as a loop/shuttle hike if 2 vehicles are involved; or Bierstadt / Evans by the Sawtooth if any of those hold interest to anyone. The early weather forecast is not looking stellar, but I'm game as long as the forecast does not deteriorate...

Postby matt pierce » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:20 am

I've read a few of these posts lately. Class 2 is NOT climbing - it's hiking

You are looking for a hiking partner...

Postby jsdratm » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:37 am

matt pierce wrote:I've read a few of these posts lately. Class 2 is NOT climbing - it's hiking

That was a pretty smug response. Definition of climbing from google:

"noun - the sport or activity of ascending mountains or cliffs.
verb - go or come up (a slope, incline, or staircase), esp. by using the feet and sometimes the hands; ascend."

The average person would not consider Longs Peak or Kelso Ridge "hiking"

Postby JROSKA » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:36 pm

matt pierce wrote:I've read a few of these posts lately. Class 2 is NOT climbing - it's hiking

Who cares?? This is a "climbing connection" thread, not a debate over "hiking" vs. "climbing". The OP and some others in this thread use "climb" instead of "hike". It's not that big of a deal; stop obsessing over it.

Postby wrxpilot » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi Matt,

Actually, if you were to read my original post again you'd see that I just started doing some class 3 and am looking to expand on that. Not worth stressing over, either way.

Everybody else: I'd be interested in trying out Kelso the week of 9/16. Any day except Tues works for me. Myself and another member are hoping to do Longs on 9/11, but the weather forecast doesn't look so great so far. Hopefully that changes!

Postby BlueKhan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 pm

I hike/climb with people that can climb 5.13's and V10's and most of them are not D-bags, but even in this relatively small sport of hiking/climbing there is a small percentage of D-bags...

Postby BlueKhan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:27 pm

BTW, when I say D-bag, I do not mean dirtbag as I hold a lot of respect for my dirtbag friends...

Postby mdderham » Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:02 am

I was actually trying to get out on Longs this year as well. I'll shoot you a message to get the details.

Postby Scotzman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:14 am

My schedule is pretty much the same; I usually have Tue/Wed off and hike Wed but I have some flexibility with midweed days. I am always interested in hitting the trail with others.
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

PreviousNext