Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (Sept. 5)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Denver Happy Hour (Sept. 5)

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:16 am

This will be an exceptionally eventful happy hour. We will celebrate the return of CookieHiker after her head broke a rock in half on Capitol, the end of the monsoon, the pending 14er finisher Trainer Keri, the beginning of climbing season (SNOW IS COMING), whatever TR Lady McSomewhatofaPrick comes out with the weekend prior, and of course, the fact that we don't live in Boulder. There will also be a liberal dose of narcissism as we passive-aggressively compare Labor Day Weekend climbs.

WHAT: Denver Happy Hour - September Edition
WHEN: 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5
WHERE: Icehouse Tavern, 1801 Wynkoop Street

We chose a sports bar because the Broncos game will be on, like anyone gives a crap. The real season starts on Sunday when Cam Newton begins the march to his first of many Super Bowl rings. Did you see that Panthers D/ST last night?!?! Fantasy football first-round pick, right there. CHAMPIONSHIP.

Also, there's no Rockies game, so parking shouldn't be difficult.
Last edited by SurfNTurf on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Re: Denver Happy Hour (Sept. 5)

Postby geojed » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:26 am

Will autographed copies of this shirt be available for purchase?
Attachments
1006057_10153125310645234_1269531401_n.jpg
1006057_10153125310645234_1269531401_n.jpg (128.03 KiB) Viewed 749 times
• It's by getting away from life that we can see it most clearly... It's by depriving ourselves of the myriad of everyday experiences that we renew our appreciation for them...I've learned from my experiences in the mountains that I love life. — Dave Johnston
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 am

s**t
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Somewhat of a Prick » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:00 pm

SurfNTurf wrote: whatever TR Lady McSomewhatofaPrick

=D>

Postby Rainier_Wolfcastle » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:09 pm

geojed wrote:Will autographed copies of this shirt be available for purchase?
=D>

Is that part of the new Golden Viesturs First Ascent "You may not know this, but I'm kind of a big deal!" Clothing Line?

The Baron would not approve.
Shawn D
Broomfield, CO

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:20 pm

It's a tank top my girlfriend had made as a joke. And then Bill and Darrin found the photo on Facebook, and it can only go downhill from here.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

Postby globreal » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:41 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:WHEN: 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 4

The title of the thread says Sep. 5 which is in conflict with the WHEN line…Sep. 4

Which is it?
Luke 1:30 The angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God. 31 "And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.

34 Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I am a virgin ?"

37 "For nothing will be impossible with God."

Postby dmccool » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Rainier_Wolfcastle wrote:Is that part of the new Golden Viesturs First Ascent "You may not know this, but I'm kind of a big deal!" Clothing Line?

It's definitely a clothing line, but the name will be slightly different, right Jeff?
Save a place for me up in the high country.
There's still space to breathe.

- Gregory Alan Isakov

Postby SurfNTurf » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm

globreal wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote:WHEN: 6:30-10 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 4

The title of the thread says Sep. 5 which is in conflict with the WHEN line…Sep. 4

Which is it?

Typo. It's always the first Thursday of the month.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

Postby speth » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:19 pm

I'll take one shirt in exchange for one beer.
I'll be damned if I feel like I will ever know anything, but if we don't keep moving on that last hill, we'll never know what's on the other side.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The rain and thunder, the wind and haze are bound for better days. My life, my dream. Nothin's gonna stop me now.
[-X What are you insinuating? Do you think I'm Ranger? =; Because if you do than you are dead wrong.
Sarcasm or not, it's not even funny to post something like this. Not at this time. Reported.
rage-quit mountaineer wrote:I give up. Bill, just delete my account.

Postby wildlobo71 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:34 pm

I'll take a Medium tank top... I want that face form fitted against my... well, hell I'll say it.

My bosom.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby DArcyS » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:38 pm

I guess under the principle of you can't have your cake and eat it too, you are entitled to either a finisher's thread or a t-shirt, but not both. Somebody needs to enforce this.

Next