Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

FALL GATHERING - 1st Annual Steve Gladbach Memorial Climb

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: FALL GATHERING - 1st Annual Steve Gladbach Memorial Clim

Postby nkan02 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Five of us climbed Mt. Massive (and various points) on Sunday. Great weather, high of 46 F, no wind, base layers on the summit(s). What a difference a day makes! Had nice time by the fire on Saturday evening.

Postby MountainHiker » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:00 am

sundaycomix and I did the Elbert standard route together on Saturday. We had a great visit during the hike. We got to meet Ken Nolan on the summit! It was good to see everyone back at camp and along the trail. It was fitting to have a fresh snow on the mountain for Steve.

Elbert parting shot
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Postby fahixson » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:15 am

Great meeting a few of you on the summit, including sundaycomix, MountainHiker, and Ken, as well as several more back at camp.

Britt, thanks for posting info on the memorial fund.

RiceSnob, I ran into the couple from Boulder that you donated those hand warmers to. The warmers went to a worthy cause as they made the summit (their 1st 14er) and were very thankful of you two.

Postby maverick_manley » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:04 pm

mjsherman wrote:All,

Bigtrout(Bill), Maverick Manly(Prakash), and myself had a great climb to the summit yesterday. We arrived at about 11:00 and met Eric at the top. It was cold and windy so we did not stay long. Sorry we missed the group coming over Bull Hill. Thanks to all that came out to climb in Steve's honor. Next year's trip will be great.

Matt

Ay! It was good to recollect old hikes (and insane drives) with Steve. It was nice running into all those folks on the route... Sundaycomix, Kathy, waggs, couple dudes from Kansas, Fernando (in shorts and leg-warmers - I almost got frostbite from just looking at you man... that was hardcore), etc. Sangueza looked cozy bundled up in his sleeping bag on the summit. I was jealous. Matt / Bill, thanks for joining me. Britt, Shawn, etc. sorry we missed you up there. Hopefully we can hike together at next year's Gladbach gathering - The Glabbering?

Prakash
My Brain Stops at Treeline but my Soles will Summit

Postby RiceSnob » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Fahixon(Andy) Thank you for your kindness and gave us hands warmer,nice to hear you make it safe,hopefully we can do some hike together in the future.

Hi Britt, thank you for information on donation,we brought the check but didn't have a chance to meet you, but will mail it to the address you provide. Tiffany

Postby I Man » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:01 pm

This was my first gathering and it was a lot of fun. Thanks to Britt, Ryan, Lynn and Otina for an awesome hike that felt more like winter than fall. Who cares if I had to repeat a 13er the company was good :lol:

Above all, it was good to talk about Steve and spend time with others who still miss him everyday. Thanks to Britt for letting me put my thoughts down on camera.
You can touch the void, just don't fall into it.

"I fly a starship across the universe divide....and when I reach the other side...I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can. Perhaps I may become a Mountain Man again.

Postby bigtrout » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Matt Sherman, Prakash and I had a great hike Saturday morning. We were on the trail at 7:00 a.m. and hiked while telling stories about Steve and summited around 11:00 a.m. Bundled up on the summit was Eric Sangueza. We were very surprised and happy to see him. He said he spent the night at about 13,000 ft. We exchanged greetings and memories of Steve and then Matt and Prakash and I headed back down at about 11:30. It was too cold and windy to hang out on the summiit and wait for the rest of the 14ers crowd. We all hope to meet up with those we missed next year at the 2nd Annual Gladbach Memorial Climb.

Bigtrout - Bill McAuliffe
Be Nice; Take Care of Yourself; Work Hard - Stephen Gladbach's Three Rules

Postby wushock316 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:04 pm

It was nice meeting everyone that I got a chance to talk to. I wish I could of made the bonfire on friday night.

Adam

Postby globreal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:54 am

globreal wrote:It looks like someone left some mittens at the campfire last night.

PM me with your address and I'll mail them to you.

Still no takers on the mittens left at the Fall Gathering….
Attachments
mittens.JPG
Lost mittens
mittens.JPG (168.83 KiB) Viewed 133 times
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby susanjoypaul » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 pm

globreal wrote:Still no takers on the mittens left at the Fall Gathering….

Did you check with these guys?

Postby globreal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:14 pm

susanjoypaul wrote:
globreal wrote:Still no takers on the mittens left at the Fall Gathering….

Did you check with these guys?

Serioulsy….kittens don't wear mittens.
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (9.91 KiB) Viewed 352 times
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Postby lakecityrat » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:09 pm

You guys crack me up!
"Life's been good to me so far" - JW

PreviousNext