Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

13er partners

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: 13er partners

Postby bergsteigen » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:11 am

sanjuanmtneer wrote:Also am interested in joining a group going to the 13ers around Culebra (I haven't done any there), next year. I want to do those with permission from the land owner(s), I respect their rights.

Sangre De Cristo (18)
16 13ers around Culebra (Culebra, El Valle & Trinchera quads)

I'm guessing there are a bunch of us who would also like to do these the legal way as well. Please keep me in the loop for these.

As to the rest of your list, many are on mine as well (esp in the SJ's), but the season is quickly ending!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby Chicago Transplant » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:53 am

bergsteigen wrote:
sanjuanmtneer wrote:Also am interested in joining a group going to the 13ers around Culebra (I haven't done any there), next year. I want to do those with permission from the land owner(s), I respect their rights.

Sangre De Cristo (18)
16 13ers around Culebra (Culebra, El Valle & Trinchera quads)

I'm guessing there are a bunch of us who would also like to do these the legal way as well. Please keep me in the loop for these.

As to the rest of your list, many are on mine as well (esp in the SJ's), but the season is quickly ending!

For the northern Cielo Vista ranch peaks, I organized a trip through the ranch on those in 2011 working directly with Mr Hill. I think I saved all the emails and when you are ready to plan let me know if you need any help. Their property ends just north of Whiskey Pass, so DeAnza and Mariquita are on a different property.

Our trip was $200, camped on the ranch Saturday night, drove up to below Whiskey Pass in the AM and left the keys with our cars. Carlos (no longer with the ranch) and some ranch hands came up and moved our cars to our finish trailhead at Carneros Creek. We climbed 5 ranked 13ers, 1 unranked, and 2 ranked 12ers. Furthermore did the TR I believe.

I was also on a trip for Vermejo/Alamosito/Purgatoire in I believe 2009. They subsequently have allowed a few other trips, and actually changed the route on those. I believe Furthermore again has a TR, I have one too but with the "old" route. That was $150 for the trio as a day climb.

They have a different person managing the ranch now, but hopefully they will continue to be open to setting up hiking trips for the peaks other than Culebra and Red. If people need any help with planning, let me know and I will gladly pass along my notes and the route information from our trips for coordinating access with the ranch.
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day

Postby SuperPolok » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:51 am

bergsteigen wrote:I'm guessing there are a bunch of us who would also like to do these the legal way as well. Please keep me in the loop for these.

Here here! I joined Mike on the Vermejo/Purgatoire trip in 2009 and it was good fun and I don't mind pitching out a few bucks if it means doing it legally.

Postby sanjuanmtneer » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:52 am

Thank you for the offer of assistance Chicago Transplant.
I doubt if those trips will still happen this year but hopefully a group can get organized for next summer.
Perhaps mid-late June?
Thanks again!
Kent
And my mind is made up,
To climb all the mountains,
Before my body's laid up,
And the night advances.
And the time is here.
(With deference to John Dillon)

Postby sanjuanmtneer » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:03 pm

I'm looking at trying for North Traverse and Red Peak in the Gore this weekend (9/21-22).

Then a backpack up Boulder Creek to do "X" & "Z" one day and Keller the next over the weekend of 9/27-29 (I have Friday off).
Weather permitting - let's hope the rain has stopped for awhile!
And my mind is made up,
And the night advances.
And the time is here.

Postby sanjuanmtneer » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Change of plans for this weekend - Mark, my long-time climbing buddy and I are going to Boulder area to volunteer to help the flood victims.
And my mind is made up,
And the night advances.
And the time is here.

Postby KevinK » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Weather forecast is looking great this week. Is anyone free to so a peak on Wednesday? I'm not too picky as to what as long as its not a repeat for me

Previous