Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2013 14ers.com Gurlz Hike

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Are you attending?

Yes!
34%
No :(
56%
Maybe...
9%

Total votes : 32

Re: 2013 14ers.com Gurlz Hike

Postby scramble » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Woot, in the interest of gettingTFO ( :iluvbeer: :iluvbeer: :iluvbeer: ), pretty sure I'll head down with the early car. Looking forward to meeting you all down there!

Postby goingup » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:34 pm

I would also love to carpool, I live in Lakewood. I can leave anytime on Friday...Are we heading back to our homes on saturday night or sunday??
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where no one intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more......

Postby mtngrlmb » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:41 am

I too can't leave Denver until about 5:30pm at the earliest. I would love to carpool. My car is iffy - long story short, there is something wrong with the fuel delivery system, but the mechanic can't pinpoint the exact problem so he said to keep driving it until it really breaks and he discouraged long road trips. I made it to Quandary and back just fine on Saturday but I would rather not drive if possible. I am happy to pitch in with driving duties, gas money, beer and good stories! I would prefer to get back to Denver Saturday night - but am also flexible depending on the ride situation.

Postby bergsteigen » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:36 am

bunny256 wrote:I was so excited about this. But a month-old, recurring knee injury made another unfortunate appearance yesterday on Missouri Mountain so I should probably take another few weeks off. ](*,) Hopefully someone can take my spot, and I hope to come next year!

Dang! Sorry to hear bout the injury. I hope some rest will heal it. There is always next year!

Ok, updating the webpage currently with as much info as I can think of. If needed, I can do a TH carpool if needed. I would just need to know a time to pick people up.

As there will be people coming and going Sat/Sun, hopefully there will be enough room for all to get where everyone needs to be!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby mstirling » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:37 pm

Where on your website to find the info for the hike?

Postby bergsteigen » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Updated camping info on the webpage! Seems easier this way.

Postby superdawg » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:36 pm

I'm in. Just making sure, though: the hike is THIS weekend (7/8), not next? The reason I ask is that it looks like the HH is on Wed the 11th... Was that a typo or is that a separate thing (not that Otina would ever make a typo!!)? Sorry to be confusing - I just want to get my story straight! =)

Postby bergsteigen » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 am

superdawg wrote:I'm in. Just making sure, though: the hike is THIS weekend (7/8), not next? The reason I ask is that it looks like the HH is on Wed the 11th... Was that a typo or is that a separate thing (not that Otina would ever make a typo!!)? Sorry to be confusing - I just want to get my story straight! =)

Haha, yes it's this weekend. And the 11th was a mistake. It's tonight if anyone wants to get together. OR we can find a corner on Thursday at the Boys (plus a few gals that sometimes show up) HH in Denver.
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."

Postby bergsteigen » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:50 am

Is everyone ready for the pink-a-thon? Leaving in a couple hours for a quick ski then chillin at the campsite with the sparkly Gurlz sign, some bacon burgers and some GF beer, Mmmmm.

See you there!

Postby bergsteigen » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:43 am

Congratulations are in order for the 7 lovely ladies who have successfully threaded Crestone Needle!

Photos to come soon on FB pages ;) Beware the pink!

Postby MountainHiker » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:57 am

Congratulations! It was a thrill bumping into your group yesterday!
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Previous