Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

July 20-21 Sangres 14ers anyone?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: July 20-21 Sangres 14ers anyone?

Postby TheOtherIndian » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:50 pm

The weather report every time I check it getting worse. There seems to be 50% chance of rain throughout the day Sunday. :( I will wait till tomorrow afternoon before making a final call.

Altidude, I think we did Holy Cross together 2 years ago. Who can forget The Dude? Many people in this thread were interested in the peak Jul 27th weekend. I will join them for the peak. Thanks for the offer though.

Gerrybear - I work M-F, so sorry cant do it on a weekday.
"There's only one thing I hate more than lying. Skim milk. Which is water that's lying about being milk" -Swanson, Ron

Postby Kiefer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:55 pm

I'll be down there Monday and Tuesday (22nd-23rd) attempting Mt. Adams and a slew of resident 13ers if anyone is interested?
I can PM ya specifics but I'll be going in via Willow Lake and coming out North Crestone Lake. Lots of vert involved!! :)
"Wisdom comes from making mistakes.
Experience, is the knowledge of knowing what to do when one makes a mistake and wisdom,
stems from the changes we go through while learning from those mistakes."

Postby IronSkiMountaineer » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm still in for this weekend. I'll bring some good books for Saturday in the tent during the rain but Sunday looks ok. Also, with a nearly full moon would be open to a super early start Sunday morning.

Postby Double Oh Seven » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:48 pm

I am heading up there Friday afternoon even though the weather looks awful. Now planning on Mt. Adams early on Saturday and KC/Challenger on Sunday. If any would like to join in feel free.

Postby cbrobin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:57 pm

I'm thinking of KC ect on Sunday. I would hike in Saturday. Still looking at the weather. I did the Needle with the "Indian" last year, One of the best times I've had on a fourteener.
More Colorado than the Natives.

Postby larkinrx2 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:49 am

any one down for midnight hike of harvard on monday 7/22?
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.

Postby IronSkiMountaineer » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:53 am

Double Oh Seven wrote:I am heading up there Friday afternoon even though the weather looks awful. Now planning on Mt. Adams early on Saturday and KC/Challenger on Sunday. If any would like to join in feel free.

I'm going to run up Humboltd tomorrow morning then head over to the other side and hike in and camp so I can do KC/C with you on Sunday. Not sure where I'll camp but I'll be in a green BD tent. Looking forward to it!

Steve

Postby Double Oh Seven » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:56 am

I will be up at willow lake starting tonight. Will be in grey and orange big agnes tent with two huskies. planning on kc/challenger on sunday

Postby nkan02 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:24 am

TheOtherIndian wrote:The weather report every time I check it getting worse. There seems to be 50% chance of rain throughout the day Sunday. :( I will wait till tomorrow afternoon before making a final call.

I wouldn't necessary discount the traverse because of the weather. We did it last Sunday with similarly bad weather forecast (70% chance of rain after 1pm) and managed to get the traverse and 2 more nearby peaks before noon (the traverse itself took about 2.5 hours). Of course we got rained on in the PM on the way back to the car, but we were below the tree line at that point. Start early and keep moving!

Previous