Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Capitol in August

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Capitol in August

Postby myfeetrock » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:51 pm

I am wanting to climb Capitol in august, but not alone. I would love to climb it with someone who has done it or some one who is well broke in on class 4 climbing. This can be a day trip or an overnight trip. I have climbed all the elks but this one. For me finishing the elks is about the same as most of you wanting to finish all the 14ers. I love these mountains. I'll hike them over and over. Let me know if you would be up for it.
Michael Colson

Re: Capitol in August

Postby KansasHiker » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:17 pm

Are you available any day of the week or just the weekend?

Postby myfeetrock » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:21 pm

Thursdays and Fridays are my days off.
Michael Colson

Postby dehrlich101 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:06 pm

I have Thursday and Fridays off as well. Shoot me a message when you have a more definite date for Capitol. I am also interested in any of the other elk 14ers, Sangre's and the wilsons.
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Postby Andymcp1 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:10 pm

I have alot of random days off in August and would love to do Capitol. I havent done it yet, but if your looking for a partner let me know. what dates are you thinking?

Postby myfeetrock » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:50 pm

The days I'm looking at are Aug 1st and 2nd, 8th and 9th, 22nd and 23rd, and the latest would be Sept 5th and 6th. If the weather holds I would love to shot for sooner than later. I'll just set a date now and say the 1st and 2nd will be my first run at Capitol to any takers. If the weather turns south then I will go for the next set of dates. PM me if this works for you.
Michael Colson

Postby RamanDestroyer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:28 am

I as well might be able to join. Name a date so I can request days off from work. I cant wait to climb this monster. I hear it is much more rewarding if you take your time and do it as a two day excursion.

Postby Andymcp1 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:12 am

i AM AVAILABLETO GO EITHER THE 1ST AND 2ND OR THE 8 AND 9TH.

Postby Billy the Kid » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Hello all,

I am also looking to check this bad boy off! I am off Fridays-Sundays. Have any of you made any definite plans? I was hoping to hike in on Friday (8/2) and then summit on Saturday (8/3). Please reply or PM me if you would like to join, or if I may join you on these dates! Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you soon!

Billy
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So, be on your way."- Dr. Seuss

Postby FCSquid » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:48 pm

RamanDestroyer wrote:I as well might be able to join. Name a date so I can request days off from work. I cant wait to climb this monster. I hear it is much more rewarding if you take your time and do it as a two day excursion.

+1 on this advice. It's a long approach, so if you split it up over 2 days, you'll be rested and in better shape to tackle the technical bits up high.

Not to mention, camping at Capitol Lake is one of the most stunning locations you'll ever pitch a tent.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

Postby ameristrat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:50 pm

I have normal weekends off Billy, but would be up for climbing it August 10 or in the first few weeks of September if you have any interest. Probably would hike in Saturday, climb and hike out Sunday.

Postby myfeetrock » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:57 pm

First and Second of August (Thursday, Friday) I will do Capitol. I will try to hike in on July 31st after work or the morning of the first. All of this is subject to change if the forecast is not good. If the weather is bad then I will try again for the next week of the 8th and 9th. Let me know if you're game and we'll knock this thing out.
Michael Colson