Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Indian Peaks Scrambling Partners

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Indian Peaks Scrambling Partners

Postby Brian C » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:34 am

In the next few weeks I would like to get out and do a few things in the IPW and would love to have some company. After this week, my schedule is mostly wide open, especially during the week. If this sparks any interest, shoot me a PM!

Here are my four main ideas, some of which are more ambitious than others and several likely require a car shuttle...

1) Neva's North Ridge then over to PT 11,831 and PT 11,801. Would be a long haul back over Neva if starting at 4th of July.

2) Hike to either Pawnee Pass or Navajo Peak then follow the divide south over unknown terrain all the way over the Arapahos and down to 4th of July (car shuttle for sure).

3) Devil's Thumb and Skyscraper peak.

4) Hike from the west to Cherokee to Achonee to Hopi to Iroquois to George to Apache then either Kasparov to Pawnee pass to the west or better yet, continue to the east and a car shuttle.

Know for the long ones that I'm really not super fast. Haha.
Last edited by Brian C on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth

Re: Indian Peaks Scrambling Partners

Postby Stone_man » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:42 am

It's not on your list, but have you done the Mohling Traverse yet? And if not, any interest?

Postby Brian C » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:47 am

Hey Joe!

I would love to do the Mohling traverse, but having been up Lone Eagle before I'd rather be able to get more of the surrounding terrain under my feet. I think the Mohling would require ropes in at least a few spots and would slow us down significantly. Like I said though, I'd love to do it and could be convinced.
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John

Postby kimo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Brian C wrote:3) Dicker's Peck and Skyscraper peak.

Greetings Brian: do you mean Devil's Thumb and Skyscraper for #3? Otherwise that would be one heckuva long traverse. Would love to hear about these if you get them done. #1 catches my interest since the 11,800s are a couple Indian Peaks that I haven't yet visited but I'm looking at a September time frame for those. Maybe we can put something together if you haven't by then.

Postby Brian C » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:46 pm

Hey Kimo, good catch! I totally did mean Devil's Thumb. Oops! I'm sure I'll be still doing stuff in September so we totally should do something. Just let me know when you have some free time.

Cheers!

BC
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John

Postby Steve Climber » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Brian C wrote:In the next few weeks I would like to get out and do a few things in the IPW and would love to have some company. After this week, my schedule is mostly wide open, especially during the week. If this sparks any interest, shoot me a PM!

Here are my four main ideas, some of which are more ambitious than others and several likely require a car shuttle...

1) Neva's North Ridge then over to PT 11,831 and PT 11,801. Would be a long haul back over Neva if starting at 4th of July.

2) Hike to either Pawnee Pass or Navajo Peak then follow the divide north over unknown terrain all the way over the Arapahos and down to 4th of July (car shuttle for sure).

3) Devil's Thumb and Skyscraper peak.

4) Hike from the west to Cherokee to Achonee to Hopi to Iroquois to George to Apache then either Kasparov to Pawnee pass to the west or better yet, continue to the east and a car shuttle.

Know for the long ones that I'm really not super fast. Haha.

You know who else is in for any of this? This guy.
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?