Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

I need to expand my circle of climbing partners!

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

I need to expand my circle of climbing partners!

Postby powhound » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:50 pm

I am having a tough time this season rounding up partners and prefer to have some company on class 3 terrain.

I am going to be up in Breck later this week and was thinking of doing one of the following climbs. Father Dyer-Crystal which is an easy short route and would be a good choice if early weather was a concern ... or Pacific's East Ridge (descending via McCullough Gulch) which is a bit longer and rated more difficult. Both routes are in Cooper’s scramble book.

PM if interested in this ... or if you would like to try something else similar in the near future.

Thanks!

Re: I need to expand my circle of climbing partners!

Postby Brian C » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm always happy to get out and do some scrambling but I likely am unavailable this week. Have any interest in some more "off the path" scrambling routes in the Indian Peaks or Rocky Mountain on another day?

BC
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth

Postby powhound » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Brian C wrote:I'm always happy to get out and do some scrambling but I likely am unavailable this week. Have any interest in some more "off the path" scrambling routes in the Indian Peaks or Rocky Mountain on another day?

Sure Brian...thanks...as long as you don't mind toning it down a bit for me. You have some impressive trip reports and are in a complete different league than me. If you are familiar with Cooper's scramble book's ratings...I've done some difficulty level 2 climbs from there. Probably not ready for level 3 just yet. What do you have in mind? I am ashamed to say I have lived in Colorado for 29 years and have never climbed a single mountain in RMNP or the IPW. So aside from looking through guidebooks I am unfamiliar with the area.

Postby EatinHardtack » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Powhound,

I'm always looking for more partners. I've done both of the routes above and highly recommend both, Pacific's East Ridge is underrated in my opinion. Enjoy those climbs. I'm looking for maybe a West Ridge of Dyer in the future, I believe it's class 3.

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Hey Powhound,

I've always enjoyed your posts. You'll have no problem finding great partners. Take Brian up on his offer, and don't be shy!

I personally have not been doing much alpine stuff this summer, mostly rock climbing. You're CERTAINLY welcome to join me and the local gang for rock climbing any time you like. (Next opp is this Thursday...pm if interested...) You may find rock climbing helps with the alpine Class 3/4 stuff.

Good luck, and a great season to ya!

Edit - Zack, of course you're always welcome, too!

Postby seth0687 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:05 pm

I'm always around looking for partners. Open to just about anything really...climbing related that is, I mean lets not get carried away here lol.

and Jim, we still need to get out, knee is doing grrrrreat!