Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (July 11)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Matthew Speth owes me $2.75

Postby Brian Thomas » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:40 am

Last edited by Brian Thomas on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Re: Denver Happy Hour (July 11)

Postby SurfNTurf » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:45 pm

SilverLynx wrote:Nope! Climbing. :P

*Edit: To clarify, I'll be heading to Durango on July 11 to climb in Chicago Basin. Won't return until July 15. If you decide to move the HH to a different date for whatever reason, I could go. I just wanted to let the general public know that I can't attend on the 11th in case you were expecting to see me. My summers are usually full of other activities.

-Jenny

:-#

Thread bump!
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Brian Thomas » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Last edited by Brian Thomas on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Brian C » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Hmmmmmmmm...........Maybe I will come to this one.
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth

Postby MtnChick » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:22 pm

The enthusiasm in this thread is inspiring. Who's to blame?

Postby Scotzman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Try not to have too much fun without me. :wink:
Scotzman
Every man dies, not every man really lives.
What we do in life echoes in eternity.

Postby jam6880 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:06 pm

I might be able to make this one!!!!!

Postby Fisching » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Sounds like fun. Or something.

I can't make it as I'm too busy finding every point with a 100 feet of prominence, but I understand if all of y'all want to have a HH without me.
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."

"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."

"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."

Postby MountainMedic » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Alas, the sun has set on my Happy Hour aspirations, while it will shortly be rising majestically from the mountains, like or as a bear cub emerging from the womb of nature. I yearn for these passionate friendships to be promptly rekindled this coming August, as the summer fades into autumn, a reminder of the inherent cycle of the wild. And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

I wish for you all the finest of libations, consumed in quantities larger than that of human hypernatremic elixir by the formidable Chicago Basin mountain goat.

Postby wildlobo71 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:59 pm

Ditto.

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:39 am

See y'all tonight. I'll be pretty darn late, have other commitments until about 8:15. See whoever's left around 8:30-9...

Mandy doesn't sound like she'll be early either, so whoever gets there first, please try to stake out a big table or two. Remember to go LEFT once you're in the front door into the side room with a separate bar.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby BenfromtheEast » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:09 am

PSA: I'll be there until around 8:30-9...

8)

In other news, if someone who has a pickup truck wants a beer or two on me, send me a PM. I need to get a mattress into storage. RT from the bar is 2 miles and ~50' elevation.

PreviousNext