Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Culebra on July 7th

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Culebra on July 7th

Postby big_red_pride » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:52 am

I did see the post by Johnson for July 6th, but I wanted to start one for July 7th. Myself and at least 2 others I know of are going to get Culebra on the 7th, but of those 3 I'm the only one going after Red Mountain as well. I have a few questions.

Can a Charger make it to Four Way without any problems?
Is anyone else planning on hiking Red Mountain that day?

I have 2 people coming in from Denver to meet me on Saturday around 3 or 4, still locking down the time, to drive to the ranch and camp. Is there anyone from either Denver or the Springs looking for someone to share a ride. I don't mind driving, but if someone has a vehicle with better clearance and has room for 3 more that would be great, we will all pitch in for gas.

PM me or respond to this post if you are going or are interested in sharing a ride!

Steve

Re: Culebra on July 7th

Postby JenGa » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:24 am

Hey - I sent an email (cvrproperty@hotmail.com) to try to get reservations, but it bounced back. Can you please tell me the most recent info on getting a reservation? I appreciate it, a friend and I are trying to get in on July 28th. Many thanks,

-Jen

Postby big_red_pride » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:14 am

Hi Jen,

Please try cmbucks@hotmail.com. Some of the others have had better responses from that email address.

Steve

Postby wizzer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:01 pm

cvrproperties@hotmail.com Your contact is Sam Wilson. I am climbing Culebra Sunday (June 30th). 2004 White Tacoma Double Cab.

Postby JenGa » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Ah ha - thanks so much for the info - trying to get it done in late July.

-Jen

Postby The Legend » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:01 pm

Wizzer, did you get an email yet with the release forms for the 30th hike. A few of us are hitting it on the 30th too. See you then.

Postby kansas » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:31 am

I just made reservations for a friend yesterday to climb on the 30th using-Sam Wilson [cvrproperties@hotmail.com] and got a quick response. The whole process seems just as easy now as it was when I climbed it a few years ago.
"In the end, of course, it changed almost nothing. But I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams."
— Jon Krakauer

Postby Billy the Kid » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:27 am

Hello fellow 14erers!

I just had a quick question and was hoping someone could give me some feedback. In the description, it states that the road up to the 4-way stop is “easy” 4-wheel. Does anyone know how rough this road is? I ask because I will be hiking Culebra this Saturday (6/29) and will be driving a Saturn Vue…I just want to make sure it will make it all the way there? Thanks in advance!

Billy
"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So, be on your way."- Dr. Seuss
"I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."- Michael Scott

Postby wizzer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:03 pm

The Legend wrote:Wizzer, did you get an email yet with the release forms for the 30th hike. A few of us are hitting it on the 30th too. See you then.

Got my forms a day after my inquiry several weeks ago, scanned them in, and e-mailed them back already. See you there.

Postby Gphunk88 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 am

Heading down tomorrow night with my girlfriend to hike Culebra on Sunday. Does anyone know any places to either car camp or tent camp that is somewhat close to the ranch. I can only assume that camping right by the ranch is not allowed. Thanks in advance for any info
"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."~~~ John Muir

Postby aaronmojica » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:28 am

You are allowed to car camp at the gate to the ranch. Not much else in that area.

Postby zinj » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 am

TRs from 2011 indicate the porta-potty is still there at the gates
"Gentlemen, you are piling up a heritage of conflict and litigation over water rights, for there is not sufficient water to supply the land." - John Wesley Powell, 1883

Next