Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Ski 5/24 near Salida

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Ski 5/24 near Salida

Postby SasquatchJr » Tue May 14, 2013 9:28 pm

Hello friends,

I'm looking for some climbing partners for a mission on Friday May 24th near Salida. I've just started a new job and I don't get many days off. I'm thinking one of the collegiate peaks or in the Sangres. The most important thing to me is coming home with all fingers and toes.

I never mind turning around, Avy II, WFR, very fit, and have skied 14ers and peaks in UT/WY. Holler at me if you're keen on this date or other days in late May around Salida! I'm down to ski anything we feel is appropriate for our abilities.

Re: Ski 5/24 near Salida

Postby mbourget » Wed May 15, 2013 9:29 am

I can't on the 24th but the last weekend in May is open for me. Skied Aetna's Grand Couloir on Mother's Day, snow was great but it's melting quickly.

Postby nkan02 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:33 am

mbourget wrote:I can't on the 24th but the last weekend in May is open for me. Skied Aetna's Grand Couloir on Mother's Day, snow was great but it's melting quickly.

Ha, it must have been two of you (one split boarder, one skier) ahead of our group. Nice work, you guys were cruising! :)

Postby mbourget » Wed May 15, 2013 1:30 pm

Yep that was my brother and I. Where did you head? We couldn't tell from the tracks

Postby nkan02 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:17 pm

I actully followed your tracks, trailing 45-60 min behind. You were really booking it. Got a few shots of you coming down, too bad they turned out blurry/far. Fun ski for sure, you guys timed it perfectly. Snow was still good for me, but getting too soft, especially in the lower half.

skier
snowboarder