Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Rainier, July 1, 2, 3

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Rainier, July 1, 2, 3

Postby SeracZack » Tue May 14, 2013 10:19 am

This is probably a long shot, but my third person dropped out of climbing Rainier with me this summer so I am looking for someone that may be interested in joining up.

I already have the climbing permit for you, and reservations at the Muir Camp for the nights of July 1st and 2nd. I am planning on doing the DC route or Ingraham Direct depending on the conditions. I have three days set aside for this, July 1st, 2nd, and the 3rd. I am planning on two days for the climb, and one as a rest day or for weather. Unfortunately my dates are not flexible, since I already have the reservations and I am flying to Anchorage on the 4th.

If this is something you might be interested in, send me an email or PM, and we can discuss.

I would probably also like a couple of weekends to get acquainted and work on prusiking, crevasse rescue, self-arrest, etc.

Zack
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Re: Rainier, July 1, 2, 3

Postby EatinHardtack » Tue May 14, 2013 10:56 am

Flying into Seattle and renting a car I take it? I'd be interested as I've done the DC route before but only if I can find a killer deal on a flight. I'll look into some travel options, but interested.

Postby SeracZack » Tue May 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Flying into Seattle, yes. Renting a car, maybe. My brother-in-law will be living up there at the time, and I may take advantage of that...
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Postby colokeith » Tue May 14, 2013 1:02 pm

I'll be on the mountain same dates with RMI.
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson

Postby SeracZack » Thu May 16, 2013 1:23 pm

colokeith wrote:I'll be on the mountain same dates with RMI.

I will be sure to stop by and say hello if we come across the RMI tents!

PM's have been sent to the two interested.
-Helen Keller

Postby seth0687 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:03 am

I "may" be interested, pm me. Perhaps we can chat.

Postby ash-ish » Fri May 17, 2013 7:18 pm

Are you one of the three person group that took the crevasse rescue course with Andrew Councell with CMS on April 21?

Postby hunterwf » Fri May 17, 2013 8:27 pm

I wish I could go. I was on the DC route twice last year, what a great mountain. I will be on a different mountain at that time though, flying into Anchorage on 23 June. Why are you going to Alaska on the 4th :-k ?
There are other Annapurnas in the lives of men.

- Maurice Herzog

Postby SeracZack » Mon May 20, 2013 8:37 am

ash-ish wrote:Are you one of the three person group that took the crevasse rescue course with Andrew Councell with CMS on April 21?

Nah, wasn't me.

hunterwf wrote:I wish I could go. I was on the DC route twice last year, what a great mountain. I will be on a different mountain at that time though, flying into Anchorage on 23 June. Why are you going to Alaska on the 4th :-k ?

Do a little salmon fishing, explore the surrounding area, visit Denali National Park, etc. My wife and I are looking at potentially moving up there.
-Helen Keller