Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Centennial-Half Peak, May 18-19

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Centennial-Half Peak, May 18-19

Postby globreal » Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 pm

I am looking for a partner to climb Half Peak and probably Quarter Peak over the May 18-19 weekend. (May 17-18 would also be a possibility.)

I plan to drive over on one day, set up camp at the TH just past the old Sherman townsite off of County Rd 30. Then afterwards, I'd like to hike up Cataract Gulch approximately 3 miles or so to break trail.

Then the next morning, make a go for the summit(s).

I have a 4x4 and would like to have a partner to share gas from Colorado Springs.

PM if interested.

Thanks!
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."
~John 11:25

Re: Centennial-Half Peak, May 18-19

Postby globreal » Tue May 07, 2013 2:48 pm

BTW,

I could also do this as a Friday-Saturday, (May 17-18) if that would work better for others.
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die."

Postby globreal » Thu May 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Really?

Nobody wants to climb this Centennial?

Postby Kevin Baker » Fri May 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Brit:

Just a heads up that Quarter doesn't go to well with Half, especially with snow. You would have to drop all the way down into Cataract basin. Anna and I did the traverse last summer and it was loose and scary! We had to sidehill across big talus for a long time skirting a lot of towers. Good luck on finding a partner.
Always do what you are afraid to do. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Postby globreal » Mon May 13, 2013 7:15 pm

bump....still looking for a partner for this coming weekend.

I'd really like to climb Half Peak with somebody...and possibly a few others. peaks while in there.