Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (May 2)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Denver Happy Hour (May 2)

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 am

Assuming spring is finally here, we can start utilizing places with outdoor patios. Huzzah.

WHAT: Denver 14ers Happy Hour
WHEN: 6-10 p.m. Thursday, May 2
WHERE: Hogshead Brewery, 4460 W. 29th Ave., Denver

If you're an out-of-towner hoping to attend one of these shindigs this summer, remember that they'll always be on the first Thursday of the month. I look forward to seeing everyone there and finalizing Spring Gathering plans.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Re: Denver Happy Hour (May 2)

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:38 am

Planning on being there! I hope it's a warm evening...
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby zdero1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 am

That's quite the assumption, Jeff.

I'm coming! I'm excited! Gonna try and get my girlfriend SherpaMarge to join us!

Postby forbins_mtn » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:14 pm

I should go because I've never been, have said I was going a couple of times and Friday is my freaking 30th birthday. holy s**t, it's wild even saying that. however, i told myself i wasn't going to drink again till after the Colfax Marathon on the 19th. That might go to hell....

Postby HikerDan75 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:50 pm

I plan to finally make it out to one of these things. It'll be great to meet some of the group and hear what everyone's goals are this season!

(The weather for the 2nd looks good but chilly at this point.)

Oh, and Happy Birthday forbins_mtn! The 30's aren't as bad as they seem. :shock:
Nil sine numine

Postby Brian Thomas » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:45 am

SurfNTurf wrote: remember that they'll always be on the first Thursday of the month.

And would that include the holiday of USA independence on Thursday, July 4, or will that be postponed?
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby Steve Climber » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:08 am

you had me at "huzzah"
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby SurfNTurf » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:20 am

Brian Thomas wrote:
SurfNTurf wrote: remember that they'll always be on the first Thursday of the month.

And would that include the holiday of USA independence on Thursday, July 4, or will that be postponed?

#-o

One of these days Brian, one of these days...

The Happy Hour in July will likely be on the 11th.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby sdkeil » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:16 am

Well given this one is within walking distance to my house, I can't say no this one.
Ass: (noun)
a long-eared, slow, patient, sure-footed domesticated mammal, Equus asinus, related to the horse, used chiefly as a beast of burden.

Postby mtree » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Best I can tell...I'm in!
"Cool Prius!" - nobody

Postby semitrueskerm » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Thinking Maybe, with a chance of Likely.

Anyone interested in joining me Friday to head over to Utah for some canyoneering for the weekend?

--jim

Update: I should be able to make it. I am all about the bacon.
Last edited by semitrueskerm on Wed May 01, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Lemmiwinks » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Assuming my flight back from Minnesota isn't delayed that day, I'm gonna try to make it.
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Next