Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Looking for Spring 14er Ski/Ride Partners

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Looking for Spring 14er Ski/Ride Partners

Postby AW007 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:13 pm

Hey, great tread! Are any of you guys willing to get out and potentially hike and ski/ride something this weekend? I have a few days off, and would love to get out... I have Avy 1, plus all the necessary gear. Please PM me if any trips are in planning!

Postby pooree » Thu May 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Hey All,

I am new to the forum and would like to find partners to ski some of the more challenging ski descents in the Elks this spring. Some of the Peaks on the list include:

Maroon Peak
North Maroon Peak
Landry Line on Pyramid
Snake Couloir/Birthday Chutes on Sneffels

Those are just a few.

I would like to do some easier routes with people before trying these more committing lines but am up for just about anything.

Let me know if you are interested. I work Mon-Fri so I can get out every weekend. Based in Boulder.

Eric

Postby pooree » Sun May 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Hey All, Thanks for the responses. Would any one be interested in skiing Sneffels next Sunday? I plan to drive down from Boulder on Saturday and camp at the TH Saturday night then climb/ski Sunday. Any takers. I have Avy 1 and lots of personal experience skiing in the BC.

I would like to either do The Snake Couloir or Birthday Chutes. I need to get one more good weekend of training in before Mt Rainier over memorial day.

Let me know if you are interested and we can get the details hashed out!

Postby nkan02 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:03 pm

I am also looking for good/strong/experienced skimo partners - my best ski partner is out this season due to injury. Looking to ski a few peaks on Memorial Day weekend, probably something in the Sawatch, but flexible. Let me know if you have interest/availability. Please state your experience level.

Cheers,
Natalie

Postby jmeizis » Mon May 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Hey Tamara,

How far are you looking to travel? My sort of normal crew all took off for Alaska and I've been trying to meet new partners anyways. I'd like to get out to CB for some exploration and would be down to meet somewhere in the middle maybe to do some stuff in the Southern Sawatch if you're interested.

Postby tygrubb » Thu May 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Anyone available this weekend for a ski descent? I'm an experienced rider without the normal crew this weekend but want to take advantage of some time off work. Looking at James Peak, Red Peak, Grays/Torreys or anything in RMNP but open to other suggestions. Would love to tackle Kit Carson/Challenger before the road to the TH closes but don't know how comfortable I'd be with people I don't know.
What I'm up to on the weekends...
http://www.tylergrubb.com

Postby ulvetano » Sat May 25, 2013 10:52 am

Y couloir on Pikes tomorrow anyone?

Previous