Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Flatirons this Sunday?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Flatirons this Sunday?

Postby Brian C » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Anybody want to climb in the Flatirons on Sunday? I'd be happy to lead every pitch if I go with somebody less experienced and am open for suggestions on what to climb.

Brian

This is assuming it doesn't rain a whole bunch.
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth

Re: Flatirons this Sunday?

Postby nkan02 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:25 pm

I am interested! Open to whatever routes you find interesting.

Postby Mindy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:00 pm

Brian C wrote:Anybody want to climb in the Flatirons on Sunday? I'd be happy to lead every pitch if I go with somebody less experienced and am open for suggestions on what to climb.

Brian

This is assuming it doesn't rain a whole bunch.

Hey Brian, keep me in the loop please as we may stop by for a bit ... :)

Postby CarpeDM » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Brian,
I am feeling under the weather right now. If I'm feeling better by Sunday, I'd be very interested and open to a bunch of routes.
"Skepticism is the first step towards truth." - Denis Diderot
"It is not what the man of science believes that distinguishes him, but how and why he believes it. His beliefs are tentative, not dogmatic; they are based on evidence, not on authority or intuition." - Bertrand Russell
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
"Some say they're goin' to a place called Glory And I ain't saying it ain't a fact. But I've heard that I'm on the road to Purgatory And I don't like the sound of that.
I believe in love and I live my life accordingly. But I choose to let the mystery be" - Iris Dement

Postby rpb13 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:33 pm

Hey Brian, I was just thinking about what I should do on Sunday... Its been way too long. I'm interested.

Postby Steve Climber » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Incredible day! Big thanks to Brian and Nat. Can't wait to get back up and finish this route when the wind isn't so nasty.
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby nkan02 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Yes indeed. Very windy and cold, but still very fun. I really liked how Brian was willing to share his vast knowledge and made sure Sam had a great first experience on the rock. It doesn't get any better than this.

p.s. I will pm you the photos.

Postby ohioboy » Thu May 02, 2013 3:43 pm

Hi, are you still wanting to get on the flatirons? I'm looking for people climb one of them this weekend or next. I can lead trad up to 5.8 unless it's a super run-out. I just moved to Boulder, and I'm dying to find someone to climb them with!

Postby Snowclimber » Tue May 07, 2013 12:43 am

I'd be down to climb Boulder area...but I'm mostly only in Boulder during winter (~8 months of the year :-D ).