Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

2013 Spring Gathering...

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: 2013 Spring Gathering...

Postby semitrueskerm » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:25 pm

I am in for a Saturday standard route climb of C & C, but only if conditions are stable. Will wait and see what happens with the snowpack and where the group ultimately goes. Hope it's C & C, but given recent accidents, I'm not going to push anything.

Postby Michael J » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:33 pm

I will be there and be ready for whatever the conditions warrant. I would love to make it a ski trip but I guess that depends on which one of the newbies are willing to carry my skis....and maybe boots too. OK, fine I'll do it myself but how bout a ride up to 12,500? Maybe it's time for me to dust off the cobwebs.... :yawn:

"I've often heard a voice call down to me
If you'd climb higher you'd find wondrous things to see..."

Postby forbins_mtn » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:40 am

SurfNTurf wrote:Just to clarify, we almost definitely won't change the date. May 11-12 beat every other weekend on the poll by, at the closest, a 4-to-1 ratio.

The race between Castle/Conundrum and Shavano/Tabeguache was much tighter.

I realize Mother's Day is an issue for some, but if I changed the date a whole other subset of people would have a reason the new weekend wouldn't work for them. It's impossible to please everyone with these large-scale events. I'm working with the measurable data from the polls and trying to accommodate as many people as possible. It also wouldn't be fair to folks who made travel plans from out-of-state or took time off work to change the weekend this late in the game. I apologize to anyone who can't make it, and I hope to see you at the Fall Gathering!

makes sense. you do well gathering the tribes and doing these events. god bless ya, man. it takes a certain kind of person to organize these events time after time

Postby SurfNTurf » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:22 pm

The Spring Gathering location has changed due to snow conditions. Please refer to this thread for information and planning.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Previous