Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

St. Marys snow/ice practice day?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: St. Marys snow/ice practice day?

Postby Steve Climber » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:39 pm

Nfreelen wrote:Saturday was great. I really enjoyed getting to finally meet some other 14er's members. A huge thanks to Greg and Nick for their help. Now to find a way to use what I learned when I'm back in Texas. :-k

You mean the avy beacon bar pickup? :lol:
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby GregMiller » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:55 pm

aboynamedmargrette wrote:
Nfreelen wrote:Saturday was great. I really enjoyed getting to finally meet some other 14er's members. A huge thanks to Greg and Nick for their help. Now to find a way to use what I learned when I'm back in Texas. :-k

You mean the avy beacon bar pickup? :lol:

Hey now, nothing wrong with providing the proper motivation :lol:

Definitely a great time, was a beautiful day to be up in the mountains learning and sharing!
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Justin9 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:22 am

It was a great time and good to meet some more 14ers.com members. I appreciate the knowledge and look forward to climbing with all of you in the future.

Postby 3rdGenNative » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 am

Ah, I've got an identity now. Again Greg Miller, Mongoose, and others thanks for showing up last Sat. Reading and watching YouTube videos is one thing but watching the teaching first hand is absolutely the best way to learn.
"There is more in us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps, for the rest of our lives, we will never again settle for less."
Kurt Hahn-Founder of Outward Bound

"Reading about nature is fine, but if a person walks in the woods and listens carefully, he can learn more than what is in books, for they speak with the voice of God." George Washington Carver

Previous