Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

St. Marys snow/ice practice day?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: St. Marys snow/ice practice day?

Postby k-berger » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:22 pm

I am still interested in heading up Saturday as well. I'm coming from Denver so a meet at the Dino lot to carpool works for me. I do need to be back in denver around 5 or 6 so an earlier start would be good for me...

Postby Stereo311 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Count me in for Saturday. I would prefer to have Doug or one of the other experienced guys, but I can't break away on Sunday. Perhaps a small amount of money from everyone attending could persuade both or one of them to attend. I would like a later start (8 or 9), but would be okay with the early start.

Postby GregMiller » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:40 pm

I was planning on a 7:00 start, but if the consensus is for later I wouldn't mind an 8:00 start. Not much later, as I need to be back in Boulder in the evening. I wouldn't mind carpooling, could carry three more (two with skis) and would probably want to be leaving the park-n-ride about 45 minutes before our start time.

Edit - by 'start' time I meant meet in the parking lot time.
Last edited by GregMiller on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Justin9 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:48 pm

I am planning on being there Saturday as well. Just self arrest and crampon learning/practice for me. I will be leaving from Colorado Springs of anyone here would like to carpool. What is going to be the official start/meet in parking lot time? Looking forward to some fun and meeting a few folds interested in getting out this spring.

Postby Steve Climber » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:16 am

I'm good with 8:00 start (hiking toward glacier) if that works for everyone. Meet at Dino lots around 7. I can carry me +2 with packs. I am not bringing board or skis, but will have beacon, probe, shovel for burial practice. Thought we could hide some beers with beacons and have ourselves a little Easter Egg hunt :iluvbeer: : :lol:
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby GregMiller » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:28 am

By 'could' I assume you mean that is most definitely happening! =D>

I'll even chuck a couple beers in my back for that. Might want to stick with cans, though.

Postby MonGoose » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:44 am

To summarize, let's meet at the Woolly Mammoth lot (across from the Conoco) at 7:00am at the Dinosaur Park N Ride. The days itinerary includes: self-arrest, the use of crampons and avy beacon searches.

For those bringing skis, what are your plans for skiing?

Postby Justin9 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:34 am

MonGoose wrote:To summarize, let's meet at the Woolly Mammoth lot (across from the Conoco) at 7:00am at the Dinosaur Park N Ride.

I will plan on meeting at the lot at st marys at 7:45. Can anyone tell me what vehicles I should be on the lookout for? I drive a red jeep grand cherokee.

Thanks, Justin

Postby k-berger » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:40 am

I am also going to meet at St Marys at 7:45 since it is looking like I may need to leave a little early. I drive a light green Subaru outback with a ski rack, my name is Dayton. See you all up there!

Postby Stereo311 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:46 am

I will be in a black Nissan Pathfinder. Anyone from the Glenwood to Silverthorne area is welcome to ride with me. See you all at St. Mary's parking lot at 8 a.m.

Postby GregMiller » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:50 am

I'm thinking about hiking up with my skis on my pack, as a test run for Sunday. If I get a lap or two in, all the better.

I'll be driving a red Subaru outback, and I'll meet whoever's there across from the Conoco at the Wooly Mammoth lot at 7.

Postby Steve Climber » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:42 am

I will be in Orange Chevy Sonic, as close to the west end of Mammoth lot as possible-7am. Just realized I loaned out probe and shovel to a friend and will not have a chance to get back before tomorrow. Anyone coming up have spares or wouldn't mind sharing up there for beacon practice?
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

PreviousNext