Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Rock Climbing Spring/Summer Partners - Weekdays!!

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Rock Climbing Spring/Summer Partners - Weekdays!!

Postby vallejoclmbr » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:03 am

Gym membership just expired and need to start getting back out to the real stuff. Unfortunately, all my partners can only climb on the weekends.

Looking to get out a couple times during the week if possible with some consistent partners. Spring goals are to get very comfy leading 9's and 10's outdoors. Happy to climb though with people who are below or above those grades. I'd love to mix trad and multipitch days into that as well.

Boulder, Golden, CCC, EC, Turkey Rocks - let's hit it

Have rope, vehicle, and occasionally even some gear!

Re: Rock Climbing Spring/Summer Partners - Weekdays!!

Postby GregMiller » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:31 am

I'm in roughly the same situation you are. My normal climbing partner is typically gone during the weeks for work, and I'd love to start getting on some real rock. My gym membership doesn't expire for another month or so, but that's not going to keep me from getting out on the real thing.
I'm currently leading 5.9 and 5.10 indoors, but haven't led outdoors yet, so I'd be lagging a bit behind to start, but I'm hoping to get comfortable leading 5.9 outdoors this spring/early summer. I have a rope, draws, and a selection of stoppers, nuts, and hexes. I've only climbed in Boulder Canyon, but wouldn't mind getting out on other stuff. The earliest I can get to the west end of town is about 4, though.
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Re: Rock Climbing Spring/Summer Partners - Weekdays!!

Postby Brian C » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 am

I climb in Eldo and the Flatirons fairly often in the spring and summer. I'm not the world's greatest free-climber but know my way around lower-end stuff.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Brian
Brian in the Wild
Lists of John
"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." - Wordsworth