Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Rock-climbing in the Boulder area.

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Rock-climbing in the Boulder area.

Postby Snowclimber » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for someone to go rock climbing with in the Boulder area, not for love of rock climbing inherently, but as a means to improve, enhance, progress my alpinism skills. I'm not totally new to vertical, but have had limited experience with it. I've done mixed routes in the Alps with vertical sections, have done a good number of technical glacial peaks, have done a number of first descent canyons with huge rappels of hundreds of feet in a few cases (I'm actually looking to do some more canyons in 2 weeks, potentially....), but really need to improve my technical vertical skills. Things look to be getting warmer, too!

Re: Rock-climbing in the Boulder area.

Postby JEyez » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:07 am

If you are simply looking to clip some bolts I'm down for Tues and Thursday Boulder Canyon, CCC, St Vrain Canyon, etc climbing days. I have all the gear we need (including an extra harness if you need it). Unfortunately, due to my current school-kids-work time drain I'm not able to get up to the high peaks nearly as much as I would like, and the inhibiting cost of traditional gear keeps me from trad climbing regularly. I guess I could recruit my 6 year old as a climbing partner, but I'm not sure she could properly arrest a lead fall...

Postby jdsutton21 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:05 pm

If your talking about Tuesday / Thursday next week I would be up for it. I have a rope, harness, quick draws, and shoes. Starting to collect some trad gear; but I've never done any trad yet.

Postby Snowclimber » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:04 pm

I only said Boulder area because it's local and convenient for me. I'd be open to checking out other places in the future.

I should have noted that weekends and some weekday evenings work best for me at this time.