Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (March 7)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Denver Happy Hour (March 7)

Postby SurfNTurf » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 pm

While it's cute that the Ladies and Boulder are trying to host their own "Happy" Hours (bless their hearts), it's time to return to the biggest, best and original.

WHAT: Denver Happy Hour - March Edition
WHEN: 6-10 p.m. Thursday, March 7
WHERE: Highland Tap & Burger, 2219 W. 32nd Avenue, Denver

I'm hearing whispers we'll have First Ascent giveaways again, but I'm not sure of the details yet. I'll update the thread once I know more.

p.s. Mandy Miller had no part in planning this Happy Hour.
Last edited by SurfNTurf on Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Re: Denver Happy Hour (March 7)

Postby bergsteigen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:25 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:While it's cute that the Ladies and Boulder are trying to host their own "Happy" Hours (bless their hearts), it's time to return to the biggest, best and original.

Awww are you jealous? :mrgreen: So many hot mountain ladies in one place... I'll take quality over quantity any day :wink:
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games."
- Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)

http://otinasadventures.com

Postby Paula » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Hmmm... last month it was this:

SurfNTurf wrote:To counter the Ladies Happy Hour last week, I'm proud to announce the first ever DUDEZ ONLY HAPP -- just kidding. Women of 14ers.com, please continue to come in large quantities.

Jeff's totally jealous.

Postby Bean » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Is Hogshead big enough? Last time I was in there it was pretty small.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby SurfNTurf » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Bean wrote:Is Hogshead big enough? Last time I was in there it was pretty small.

Honestly I've never been, but several people recommended it. I'll call Hogshead tomorrow and see what they think. We'll shift to another spot in the same general area (Highlands) if necessary.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby IkeB » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:39 pm

If the weather is good enough for me to be out that day I will be there.

Postby I fall a lot » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:07 am

Bean wrote:Is Hogshead big enough? Last time I was in there it was pretty small.

You're right, small for winter gatherings when it's too cold to use the outside tables.

Postby gonzalj » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:04 am

Highlands tap & burger would be a good spot and they have plenty of room.

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:26 am

Yeah, we'll save Hogshead for the warmer months. Switched the location to Highland Tap & Burger since three people suggested it in the space of a few hours.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

Postby swdishfishhoarder » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:51 am

Y'all are determined to make me skip class for one of these. I'll be there!

Postby SurfNTurf » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:28 pm

Confirmed more Eddie Bauer/First Ascent raffle prizes tonight, hope to see y'all Thursday.
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

Postby coloradokevin » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm

We actually might be able to make it to this happy hour. I'm on vacation this week, which gives me a rare availability on a Thursday! So, we'll be there unless we leave early for Utah... I've got some canyon-country plans next weekend, but may not be leaving until Friday morning.

If this is the place I'm thinking of, it is a pretty good spot.

Next