Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Sat Climb?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Sat Climb?

Postby Stereo311 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Awesome. Good to see that a group is forming. I am hoping to have another person come along also (best case scenario two others). Speed won't be an issue. Just want to summit something this Saturday.

Postby forbins_mtn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:22 pm

5am - woolly mammoth lot, i believe. I've PM'd glacierfox my cell number

Postby glacierfox » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:56 pm

wooly mammoth lot it is.

Postby bmtex » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm in as well and will meet at wooly mammoth lot. Glacierfox, I sent you a PM with my cell.

Postby Steve Climber » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:52 am

Been lurking and watching this develop...Too late to get in on this shingdig? I can meet at lot, but small car with not much room. If any way to hitch a ride, It'd be much appreciated O:)
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby glacierfox » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:44 am

aboynamedmargrette wrote:If any way to hitch a ride, It'd be much appreciated O:)

Feel free to meet at the lot. We'll figure something out depending on how many people show.

Postby Steve Climber » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 am

PM'd my cell. Will be in orange Chevy Sonic. 5am Wooly Mammoth lot, bright and ugly

Cheers!
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.

Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?

Postby Stereo311 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm

I am not sure where the wooly mammoth lot is. I am assuming that it is somewhere in the Denver area and that you guys are commuting. Does this mean everyone is planning to be at (Torreys Peak trailhead) I-70 to the Bakerville exit (#221). Leave the highway and drive south over to the dirt parking area near the start of Forest Road 189. This is the winter trailhead. for a 6 a.m. start? If anyone needs a ride, I will have plenty of room in my Nissan Pathfinder. I will be driving from Glenwood Springs. P.M. me if your anywhere in the area or along the way.

Postby Stereo311 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Does anyone think that we will need crampons? I am assuming that we need snowshoes, microspikes, and an ice axe. Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

Postby forbins_mtn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:32 pm

I am bringing helmet, crampons, axe, and snowshoes. I am expecting to not really need the shoes.

Postby Dave B » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Can't multiple people be included in PMs, thus saving the forum from the planning details?
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby forbins_mtn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Sounds logical. Planning is pretty much done though. Sorry Dave !

PreviousNext