Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (November)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (November)

Postby MtnChick » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 am

Shout out to all you splitboarders....I just bought one, and shockingly it didn't come with skills!! Your attendance at the happy hour would be MUCH appreciated. None of my AT skier friends will teach me anything....LOVE these seasonal friendships :-D

Postby mtnreed » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:19 pm

I, as an avid AT skier - will be glad to offer 1 (maybe 3) free lesson for the valid price of a few quality beers. Cant make happy hour due to traffic.

mtnreed
“Life should not be a journey to the grave..arriving safely..totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride !!!

Postby ketel1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Wow-see what goes on when I don't read this forum daily??
Mandy, I have the perfect song for my duet with my bro and I have faith that Mongoose understands the sophisticated but subtle nuances of this genre of dance when choreographing:

Beth
"So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable." ~Christopher Reeve

Postby wildlobo71 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:38 pm

ketel1 wrote:Mandy, I have the perfect song for my duet with my bro and I have faith that Mongoose understands the sophisticated but subtle nuances of this genre of dance when choreographing:
Beth

Sorry... do I know you?
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby Derek » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 pm

lordhelmut wrote:Never been, place looks cool. Quick question for those familiar with the place. I'm having trouble finding it on google maps (street view). Is it off Zuni or 13th and is it in that industrial plaza? If on bike, whats the easiest way to get there from downtown? Also, any guest taps?

Thanks

Coming from afar, look for the big factory smoke stacks that you can see all the way from downtown. Its located about 200 feet east of the factory, across Zuni. Its a very easy ride, its on my everyday commute, get to smell the food vendor all the time. Platte River trail to 13th and over. Really the only traffic you'll face is between Speer and Kalamath. (Just a couple blocks.)

Almost missed this one...woulda been upset. Ive been wishing we'd have a happy hour there for a long time.

Postby Bean » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Bad news, Chris (with Worldwide Vittles) won't be there Thursday, there's going to be a grilled cheese and soup vendor or something. No $1/oz steaks w/ grilled onions and peppers. :(

The beer's even better than I remembered though. :-D
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby Brian Thomas » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Is this singing/karaoke thing really happening?

I have a song in the wings I could dust off, and it goes like this:

"There's a feeling I get
When I'm checking a box
And my spirit is crying for 14ers..."

Postby wildlobo71 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Brian Thomas wrote:Is this singing/karaoke thing really happening?

I have a song in the wings I could dust off, and it goes like this:

"There's a feeling I get
When I'm checking a box
And my spirit is crying for 14ers..."

Is that in the key of g-minor?
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

Postby mikemalick » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm in.

Postby George James » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:18 am

I hope this place doubled in size since the last time I stopped in. You are gonna pack it full even then.

Anyone interested in riding down from The Fort or LL with me? Let me know.
- A mountain is not a checkbox to be ticked
- Alpinism and mountaineering are not restricted to 14,000 foot mountains
- Judgment and experience are the two most important pieces of gear you own
- Being honest to yourself and others about your abilities is a characteristic of experienced climbers
- Courage cannot be bought at REI or carried with you in your rucksack
~ The Baron Von Bergschrund

Postby SurfNTurf » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:01 pm

I just confirmed the items that will be raffled on behalf of Eddie Bauer Park Meadows (First Ascent):

-Microtherm Down Shirt
-Windproof liner gloves
-Beanie
-$50 Gift Card
-10 First Ascent cinch sacks to the first 10 people to bring their coupon (distributed at the event tomorrow) to the Park Meadows store.

In the words of dillonsarnelli, who better get his ass to the Happy Hour: "Booooooooooooooooooooooom!"
Many Miles to Go (Blog)

“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper

Postby Carl » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:42 pm

SurfNTurf wrote:I just confirmed the items that will be raffled on behalf of Eddie Bauer Park Meadows (First Ascent):
-Microtherm Down Shirt
-Windproof liner gloves
-Beanie
-$50 Gift Card
-10 First Ascent cinch sacks to the first 10 people to bring their coupon (distributed at the event tomorrow) to the Park Meadows store.

Nice! First Ascent came through for Friends of Berthoud Pass at the Oriental on Saturday too and it worked out great. For the raffle tomorrow we've also got a few items from Wilderness Exchange, a sweet shirt from Backcountry.com, and a couple copies of breaking trail from Powderwhore. I think this raffle warrants a ticket price of more than a buck. Shall we say 1 ticket for $2, 3 tickets for $5? See ya'll tomorrow.

PreviousNext