Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Denver Happy Hour (November)

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Re: Denver Happy Hour (November)

Postby 14erAddict » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:54 am

I'll be there :)
"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks" - John Muir

Postby aliciaf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:26 pm

I'll be there!!!!

Postby ameristrat » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm in.

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Never been, place looks cool. Quick question for those familiar with the place. I'm having trouble finding it on google maps (street view). Is it off Zuni or 13th and is it in that industrial plaza? If on bike, whats the easiest way to get there from downtown? Also, any guest taps?

Thanks

Postby Lemmiwinks » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:28 pm

I was bummed about missing the October Happy Hour, so I'm definitely looking forward to this one. Never been to Strange, but it looks like a good choice. :iluvbeer:
“If you're bumming out, you're not gonna get to the top, so as long as we're up here we might as well make a point of grooving." -Scott Fischer

Postby Bean » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:50 pm

lordhelmut wrote:Never been, place looks cool. Quick question for those familiar with the place. I'm having trouble finding it on google maps (street view). Is it off Zuni or 13th and is it in that industrial plaza? If on bike, whats the easiest way to get there from downtown? Also, any guest taps?

Thanks

It's on the north side of 13th, between Zuni and I-25. Easiest way from downtown IMO is either Cherry Creek trail to 13th then west to Strange, or Platte River trail to 13th (easiest) and then east to Strange. It is in that industrial area. Strange didn't exist last time the google car went by. http://goo.gl/maps/qMmZg

No guest taps but they usually release a 1-bbl batch on Wednesdays and will almost certainly still have some on Thursday evening.
gdthomas wrote:Bean, you're an idiot.

http://throughpolarizedeyes.com

Postby mrmuffins00 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:36 pm

On the Calendar. Looking forward to it :bow: :iluvbeer:

Postby lordhelmut » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Bean wrote:
lordhelmut wrote:Never been, place looks cool. Quick question for those familiar with the place. I'm having trouble finding it on google maps (street view). Is it off Zuni or 13th and is it in that industrial plaza? If on bike, whats the easiest way to get there from downtown? Also, any guest taps?

Thanks

It's on the north side of 13th, between Zuni and I-25. Easiest way from downtown IMO is either Cherry Creek trail to 13th then west to Strange, or Platte River trail to 13th (easiest) and then east to Strange. It is in that industrial area. Strange didn't exist last time the google car went by. http://goo.gl/maps/qMmZg

No guest taps but they usually release a 1-bbl batch on Wednesdays and will almost certainly still have some on Thursday evening.

Thanks Mike

Postby Scotzman » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Sounds tasty! Hope to make this my first 14ers event!

Postby zdero1 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm not sure if I can handle the awesomenes of 2 14er happy hours in 3 weeks, but I will try. Sounds like a blast I wouldn't wanna miss it.

See ya there!

Hopefully I can top out on Columbia and get invited to the VIP Sawatch 14er Finisher section. :-D

Postby flutter_girl » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:06 am

Okay, you lured this 14ners.com newbie in with a promise of a chance at down. I'll see you there.

Postby wildlobo71 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:12 am

I'm a little sad we can't get Pint's Pub, and their lovely, vast, expanse of Scotchy Scotch Scotch into our loop (as well as their own craft beers)... but this will do just fine!

I'm up for some down.
Bill W.
Yes, I have my Scotch.

PreviousNext