Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Harvard on 10/16?

Need a climbing partner? Trying to form a hiking group for an outing?

Harvard on 10/16?

Postby drewbueno » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm thinking about doing Harvard (preferably, but I'm open to ideas) tomorrow (Tuesday the 16th). I'm currently staying in Breckenridge, and we made a solid attempt on Holy Cross in the snow on Saturday so I should be well acclimatized. Any interest?

Re: Harvard on 10/16?

Postby rjennings » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Just worked seven straight ten-hour days and have a couple days off, so I might be interested. Down in Denver, so it would be a long drive for me...what are your plans?
"The mountains are calling, and I must go." -John Muir

Postby drewbueno » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:00 pm

I was hoping for an early start, meaning Buena Vista by 5am and leaving the trailhead around 530. The weather looks pretty solid tomorrow, especially early. As much as I'd love to bag Columbia too, I'm setting my expectations just on Harvard (though if I'm feeling good and there's time, I'm certainly open to tackling the ridge over).

I'm from Colorado originally, but living in Germany these days - just back for a visit. I work remotely online, and I still have hours to get in this week, but I can't imagine letting another day like today go to waste without trying to climb a 14er. The reason I was thinking Harvard is that I've done Whitney (in spring), Elbert (in winter), and Massive (in summer), so doing the 4th highest peak in the continental US in fall seems to fit nicely. I've done Quandary multiple times, but I haven't done the Lincoln, Democrat, Cameron... so I could be convinced on those. I've gone solo before, but its better not to, so here I am.

Postby rjennings » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Well...my wife passive-aggressively insinuated that I am not going. Hope you have a great climb...be safe out there!
"The mountains are calling, and I must go." -John Muir